WMI error twice.

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
I have got a WMI error twice. Once playing Far Cry 3. And now GTA 5. Both times it seems lost video signal. Not really sure. Just that screen go's off and I have a amber light instead of green. That's why I think lost video signal. I have to restart the computer. Here's the event log --

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 8/31/2015 3:02:46 AM
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Airbrushkid-PC
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-31T07:02:46.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>23265</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Airbrushkid-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I search google and really don't understand how to fix. Can anyone help me please??

Last edited:
I believe 0x80041003 translates to "The current user does not have permission to perform the action" which would mean that something was trying to run the referenced WMI query under an account that didn't have permission to access that WMI namespace or object.

However, this query would have nothing to do with your graphics card and is really just a telemetry filter trying to get processor load statistics. This error is pretty much completely harmless.

Are you running Windows 7 by any chance? If so, this particular error may be the result of a minor error in your installation media. Take a look at the KB article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2545227 The article has a script that you can run to remove the bad filter.

Thank you. Just ran there fix for it. Now lets hope it doesn't come back.

I believe 0x80041003 translates to "The current user does not have permission to perform the action" which would mean that something was trying to run the referenced WMI query under an account that didn't have permission to access that WMI namespace or object.

However, this query would have nothing to do with your graphics card and is really just a telemetry filter trying to get processor load statistics. This error is pretty much completely harmless.

Are you running Windows 7 by any chance? If so, this particular error may be the result of a minor error in your installation media. Take a look at the KB article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2545227 The article has a script that you can run to remove the bad filter.

Back