Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Launch Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The Phantom Pain will finally be available this Tuesday, and Kojima has personally directed and edited a trailer to celebrate its release. If you still haven’t seen it yet, check it out and take a small trip through Metal Gear history.

37c.gif

the giant gun-dick on the metal gear makes me have difficulty taking it seriously lol.

yeah that gave me the chuckles as well.

prolly the last mgs i'll buy. i doubt someone else can carry one the interesting but oh so very messed up story arch like kojima. shame konami got rid of him i was hoping for another zoe and policenuagts game at some point

yeah that gave me the chuckles as well.

prolly the last mgs i'll buy. i doubt someone else can carry one the interesting but oh so very messed up story arch like kojima. shame konami got rid of him i was hoping for another zoe and policenuagts game at some point

I've long since lost track of what was going on. You're Solid Snake, but there's also Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake and Naked Snake who's also Big Boss. I feel like there's something lost in translation with these names. So cheesy.

I have no clue what I just watched. The stories never made any sense.

I didnt think ps4 could execute graphics like this at 60fps. Did they add frames for the trailer during post processing or is this legitimately real time?

I didnt think ps4 could execute graphics like this at 60fps. Did they add frames for the trailer during post processing or is this legitimately real time?

Haven't watched it, but it might just be prerendered if it's a trailer..

I've long since lost track of what was going on. You're Solid Snake, but there's also Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake and Naked Snake who's also Big Boss. I feel like there's something lost in translation with these names. So cheesy.

It's the style for most Japanese games but the story isn't that confusing.

All the snakes are clones of Big Boss aka Naked Snake the founder of FOXHOUND the covert US Special Forces division and main protagonist of MGS3. He was considered the military’s greatest soldier and asset. Due to radiation exposure he became sterile thus the creation of “Les Enfants Terribles” project.

Les Enfants Terribles – A project aimed at creating cloned super soldiers clones of The Big Boss using his DNA, capable of performing at the same level and skill as he did. Shortly after the clones were created the project was abandoned.

Solid Snake - Our main protagonist in MGS and MGS4, you also play as him in the first level of MGS2.
Liquid Snake – Solid Snake’s genetic twin and antagonist of MGS1 who perpetrated the Shadow Moses incident.
Solidus Snake – The third and considered “perfectly cloned” son of Big Boss and the main antagonist of MGS2 who orchestrated the Tanker incident.

It's the style for most Japanese games but the story isn't that confusing.

All the snakes are clones of Big Boss aka Naked Snake the founder of FOXHOUND the covert US Special Forces division and main protagonist of MGS3. He was considered the military’s greatest soldier and asset. Due to radiation exposure he became sterile thus the creation of “Les Enfants Terribles” project.

Les Enfants Terribles – A project aimed at creating cloned super soldiers clones of The Big Boss using his DNA, capable of performing at the same level and skill as he did. Shortly after the clones were created the project was abandoned.

Solid Snake - Our main protagonist in MGS and MGS4, you also play as him in the first level of MGS2.
Liquid Snake – Solid Snake’s genetic twin and antagonist of MGS1 who perpetrated the Shadow Moses incident.
Solidus Snake – The third and considered “perfectly cloned” son of Big Boss and the main antagonist of MGS2 who orchestrated the Tanker incident.

The terrible children huh? I remember finishing MGS2 just after 11pm on a weekday and thinking, Excellent, now I'll just watch the ending cutscene and go to bed... Shortly after midnight I finally crawled into bed.

It was a rather stupid story.

The terrible children huh? I remember finishing MGS2 just after 11pm on a weekday and thinking, Excellent, now I'll just watch the ending cutscene and go to bed... Shortly after midnight I finally crawled into bed.

It was a rather stupid story.

MGS2 is considered the weaker of the storyline and mostly has to do with Raiden rather than Solid.

A retarded monkey could write a better storyline than the Metal Gear games. Also lol at the Metal Gear thrusting it's gigantic boner gun at Snake.

the story is youre snake and you need to kill guys, because theyre guarding a weird tank with nukes, and you dont like weird tanks with nukes.

and you like stealth.

mgs3 turned it around story wise its the best one of the lot.

but i really would like to know wtf kojima was smoking when he did mgs2.

Back