Apple Renting Out A 7,000-Person Arena For Its Upcoming iPhone Event

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Apple's upcoming event will be held at a huge arena, which is kind of interesting because Apple tends to hold its events in more modest locales, such as the Yerba Buena Center, which holds 757 people. Could Dr. Dre be performing?

The Bill Graham Civic Auditorium? It has a maximum capacity of 7,000 people. When President Obama comes to give a speech in San Francisco, he comes here. This arena is more suited for concerts for big named acts — not tech launches.

I never got the allure of these Apple releases. Who gives a shit, honestly? It's the same thing every September, and people eat it up like it's 2005.

inb4 apple [h]ate

SPOILER ALERT

not sure if i'm doing this right?

I don't hate Apple and I had an iPhone that I liked, but I don't really see the big deal about getting newer ones. They're expensive and don't really have technical benefits or better apps anymore.

The big production is to keep Apple loyalists in the fold, because "it's, like, a big deal so it must be good."

I never got the allure of these Apple releases. Who gives a shit, honestly? It's the same thing every September, and people eat it up like it's 2005.

Obviously a lot of people give a shit, I'm always interested in what Apple is doing and I don't have any Apple products. The thing I'm most curious about is the rumored "iPad Pro" which appear to be an almost certainty simply because of the tanking of the tablet market, particularly the iPad and finally the introduction of side-by-side apps in iOS 9 which makes a lot more sense for a large screen tablet.

7000? Bah they should rent out Levi stadium, I mean that grass is never going to grow in there with all the concerts and monster truck events they got, and they can hold 70k+ there! :D

I just left a stadium with over 60,000 attendees. 7,000 is not that huge in comparison.

I'm going android when I have my next upgrade this winter. Only way I'd get another iPhone is if they really change it up and bring something new or worth in terms of hardware or software/GUI/iOS.

After the constant shit releases by Google, I'm looking forward to this.

I'll most likely be going back to iPhone after 6 years of being on Android.

Although the events are not as Glitzy since Jobs died (he was a great speaker in his prime) it is still nice to see a preview of the tech before it is released ... I wish more companies could pull this off effectively ... the Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft events have been pretty lackluster in the past ... since it is essentially advertising (I hesitate to use the word free since they have to rent the auditorium and arrange all the tech demos) I think it is a smart use of their advertising budgets when they do it well

When I read the title I thought, "I'd pay to see a 7000 sheeple deathmatch over an iPhone 6s."

Obviously a lot of people give a shit, I'm always interested in what Apple is doing and I don't have any Apple products. The thing I'm most curious about is the rumored "iPad Pro" which appear to be an almost certainty simply because of the tanking of the tablet market, particularly the iPad and finally the introduction of side-by-side apps in iOS 9 which makes a lot more sense for a large screen tablet.

Maybe they are going to come out with a convertible laptop/tablet like a lot of companies have already released for Windows. If so, I'm sure they have already filed for the patent.

I don't think I am touching anything but Android.
After having Nexus 6 in the house (my wife's).. I simply want all my computing experience to be like that... Google just nailed it, I mean, just NAILED IT!!.. the freaking device is dawn near perfect.. it is the best computing device I have used.. ever... and I am into computers granted not that long ago.. since DOS 6.2.
That freaking android is so well tied together and coherent... its really getting scary google got that good at software, in what seems a much shorter time than MS.
I don't know it they can carry this over to an android-type desktop, if they ever do, MS is in for a tough ride indeed.

After the constant shit releases by Google, I'm looking forward to this.

I'll most likely be going back to iPhone after 6 years of being on Android.

You will be sorely dissapointed, I just moved from having an iphone for 4 years to android...

All I can say is WOW, android has come a looong way in the last years, iOS and the iphone are just sad in comparison.

Back