Captain America: Civil War Concept Art Reveals Warring Factions

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The new Captain America film is almost like an Avengers film in disguise. We know that it’ll be based on the Civil War storyline from the comics, in which Stark and Rogers adopt opposing ideologies in regard to a superhero registration act. New concept art suggests that War Machine and Black Widow will ally with Iron Man, while Captain America will have Falcon and Hawkeye on his side. Am I the only one who thinks there is a serious power imbalance? I mean, Iron Man also has the Vision on his team, who was super powerful in Age of Ultron.

The moral complexity of this conflict looks to produce some strange bedfellows. It’s odd to see Black Widow ally herself with Tony against her closest friend, Clint. It’s possible that Hulk’s absence here is the key to all that. With Hulk in self-imposed exile over the destruction he’s caused, his dearest friend (Tony) and best girl (Natasha) may be particularly invested in making sure no super-powered individual is ever able to cause that kind of damage again.

There are a few leaked shots on r/movies, as well. :)

These new Marvel films are all related, including the AoS TV show. The Winter Soldier had an impact on everything else. It's all one franchise... They just need to break it into smaller pieces. Not sure why it's a Capt. film, and not an Avengers film, but it's just one continuous story to me. :)

I am really really getting bored of the MCU, it's just all feeling too much of the "same ole same ole."

Some new "Villain" shows up, the heroes get together and stop it" over and over and over.

It doesn't help when te villains are so one dimensional and have 0 development to actually make you understand actions and they all seem "Evill" for the sake of being evilll!111.

That's why i liked Daredevil so much better then the marvel movies, they took time to focus some of its story on Kingpin and develop his character and a reason for his actions.

If Scarlet Witch joins Cap, that would help address the power imbalance. And, SW vs. Vision on opposite sides could be an interesting way for those two to end up together in the end.

All of this continues the build up to Infinity Wars 1 and 2 in 2018/19. :D

I am really really getting bored of the MCU, it's just all feeling too much of the "same ole same ole."

Some new "Villain" shows up, the heroes get together and stop it" over and over and over.

It doesn't help when te villains are so one dimensional and have 0 development to actually make you understand actions and they all seem "Evill" for the sake of being evilll!111.

That's why i liked Daredevil so much better then the marvel movies, they took time to focus some of its story on Kingpin and develop his character and a reason for his actions.

Welcome to adulthood. Unfortunately most of the world hasn't caught up.

Killing villains as a child is a great adventure, as you age you realize life's biggest challenges don't come from fighting bad guys. Character dramas don't pay the bills though, more superheroes!!!! I have a bad feeling about the new Star Wars movies.

I treat the movies as action movies and not expecting a deep story. And I think they're good for an action movie.

Yeah, my most hated part of super hero movies... when more than half the movie is building up a character, so I don't really want to see the other half being a build up to the villain, now the other side of that coin is that super hero sequel movies tend to be so-so, so it kind of lends to the idea that writers can't write fill in a 2hour movie when you remove half of their material for the "background" of the character.

Yeah, my most hated part of super hero movies... when more than half the movie is building up a character, so I don't really want to see the other half being a build up to the villain, now the other side of that coin is that super hero sequel movies tend to be so-so, so it kind of lends to the idea that writers can't write fill in a 2hour movie when you remove half of their material for the "background" of the character.

The thing is, we all already "know" the super heroes side, we know the origins, they have had most their own movie series (Iron Man, Thor, etc) no top of two previous Avengers movies to build their characters and develop them.

MeAnwhile, the villains have got jack diddly squat in EVERY SINGLE movie so far. They are cardboard cutouts with them being evil for the sake of being evil, no look behind their motivations or any kind of character arc to any of them.

It gets old and it is cheap writing.

Having a villain that's well rounded, that has an arc and can make people even think/care about them is far more enjoyable then just having a boring "evil" guy.

Take shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad, Hannibal, etc. Having someone like that in terms of development taken vs what we've had so far in the MCU across all of these movies would make for a far more interesting villain.

They could have been using this time to build up Thanos or others, aside from showing him sitting in a chair for about 10 seconds, but nope.

I'd love to see a villain based movie. Have Thanos conquer some group or something. Have the bad guy win, just to build it up for Infinity Wars. Not too often do you find the bad guy winning. But, I don't want him to be just 'some other villain'. I want him to be the one that could beat The Avengers. Play him to up to where he looks like he's unstoppable and show his bad ass side. Then, it will look better when the time comes to put him head to head with the heroes.

Not looking forward to this one at all,to me the whole Civil War storyline was Marvel's "jumping the shark" moment,and as far as the comic book side of the business goes they never recovered for me,they just get worse. Not that DC has done any better,the whole New 52 thing was an insult to long time fans.

so basically if you actually read comics, you find something really funny. As the writters change the plots change and the characters some times have writters that take over that have never read an episode of the series so they just do what ever they feel like. Some times it works and some times it is really a joke, take the old avengers and marvel comics. pre cold war her name is nytala post it is natasha because the artist decided to remove the russian and stick in what ever he felt like. the comics continue but as you get futher from the golden age comics you get antiheroes and new characters shouting the solgans of ones that for whatever reason are not used anymore. captain america was retired for iron man. they transistion and the black widow becomes a memory of the woman the captain loved. then years later the bring the captain back as a kid using iron man's dad's forumla that it is the last vial. lol. they just wanted to use walt disney footage from the tommorowland comics... then things change and characters chagne again. personally I'd guess that the hulk is retired while they try to fight a legal battle over who ever cast a demetia person to bring the character to life that he would hack the nobel peace prize site to make him self look cool. I know he had to buy the rights from disney for the image of actress for his snuff flick lol... still can not belive they got con into that considering they do not have the rights to future use only what was paid for. Then again we all saw what a joke is when the producers and directors are fire mid movie. then they lose track of the art from another movie. snicker. they had to go through three different actresses to stand in and voice ashlee's lines since she could not play the role since they switched the contract. She live down one door in toronto at the maple leaf. it was funny I had to walk through the set the whole time they were filming. what I can not figure out is how come they had two large brested women play black widow but it neither of them were the ones in the scene with hulk... snicker...

so basically if you actually read comics, you find something really funny. As the writters change the plots change and the characters some times have writters that take over that have never read an episode of the series so they just do what ever they feel like. Some times it works and some times it is really a joke, take the old avengers and marvel comics. pre cold war her name is nytala post it is natasha because the artist decided to remove the russian and stick in what ever he felt like. the comics continue but as you get futher from the golden age comics you get antiheroes and new characters shouting the solgans of ones that for whatever reason are not used anymore. captain america was retired for iron man. they transistion and the black widow becomes a memory of the woman the captain loved. then years later the bring the captain back as a kid using iron man's dad's forumla that it is the last vial. lol. they just wanted to use walt disney footage from the tommorowland comics... then things change and characters chagne again. personally I'd guess that the hulk is retired while they try to fight a legal battle over who ever cast a demetia person to bring the character to life that he would hack the nobel peace prize site to make him self look cool. I know he had to buy the rights from disney for the image of actress for his snuff flick lol... still can not belive they got con into that considering they do not have the rights to future use only what was paid for. Then again we all saw what a joke is when the producers and directors are fire mid movie. then they lose track of the art from another movie. snicker. they had to go through three different actresses to stand in and voice ashlee's lines since she could not play the role since they switched the contract. She live down one door in toronto at the maple leaf. it was funny I had to walk through the set the whole time they were filming. what I can not figure out is how come they had two large brested women play black widow but it neither of them were the ones in the scene with hulk... snicker...

Ummmm.......................... What?

I'm not. I can watch these movies all day. I'm all for story, which I think these have in the right balance. The comics these are based on focus heavily on action and these are true enough to their source material to be entertaining.

If Scarlet Witch joins Cap, that would help address the power imbalance. And, SW vs. Vision on opposite sides could be an interesting way for those two to end up together in the end.

All of this continues the build up to Infinity Wars 1 and 2 in 2018/19. :D

Indeed.

Ummmm.......................... What?

The huge run on sentence seems to talk about the problem comics sometimes have with new writers coming onboard and making changes to the universe simply because they didn't do any research or read earlier material before writing new shit. That's about as far as I got before the post ended up descending into nonsense.

Back