Tripwire Interactive Showing Killing Floor 2 With NVIDIA FleX At PAX

HardOCP News

[H] News
Tripwire Interactive and NVIDIA have a special treat for PAX Prime attendees this year. They can stop by the NVIDIA booth (#252) to play the upcoming early access patch to Killing Floor 2. Killing Floor 2 is the first game to use NVIDIA FleX for soft tissue and fluid interaction. That’s geek speak for guts and blood splatter. Killing Floor 2 is an intense and fun survival co-op game that not only plays best on NVIDIA GPUs but is possibly the best example of how GameWorks can directly enhance gameplay. It’s organic to the gameplay, it’s constantly in view, and it looks astounding.

FleX is a particle based simulation technique for real-time visual effects. Traditionally, visual effects are made using a combination of elements created using specialized solvers for rigid bodies, fluids, clothing, etc. Because FleX uses a unified particle representation for all object types, it enables new effects where different simulated substances can interact with each other seamlessly. The goal for FleX is to enable effects in real-time that are similar to those rendered offline. This will help game developers achieve the creative freedom to bring gaming visual effects to a whole new level.

This sounds cool. I already pre-bought killing floor 2 early access on steam, can I use the features now? Of is the pax thing a special preview?

TWI has really sold out to the masses. Phone games? :( Seems like most major games these days are launched with a companion mobile title. I hope that doesn't result in interesting PC/console games getting axed because they don't translate well on mobile platforms.

Zero interest in KF games anyways.

TWI has really sold out to the masses. Phone games? :( Seems like most major games these days are launched with a companion mobile title. I hope that doesn't result in interesting PC/console games getting axed because they don't translate well on mobile platforms.

Zero interest in KF games anyways.

Hate to burst your bubble, but everyone's a sell out. Some just fake it better than others. Anywho, the mobile Calamity game is actually nothing new. It was known to be in development for years. Originally it was designed I believe for the Ouya, but that was a complete and utter failure of a device.

Most likely application to transfer it to from a cheaply made Ouya was to the mobile market that's thriving for game developers. It was never meant to be a PC game.

Back