strange freezing problem

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
Sometimes when I wake in the morning or come back from going out for the day the computer acts like it's asleep. I turn on the monitor and it says no signal. If I press the reset bottom it does nothing. I've checked and sleep is set to 'never' so I don't think is a wake from sleep problem. It also does not happen consistently. The power plan is set to Samsung High Performance- favours SSD blablabla. I don't have any idea about what the cause is, any suggestions?

I think this happened to me once as well....but i don't recall it happening more than once or twice. Maybe it was a weird update or somthing

It has been happening for a while now. So it has persisted though a few win10 updates. Updated again today, hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
I will do a clean install of win10 tomorrow. What is the best way. I was running the consumer preview.

Last edited:
thanks primetime, I've been installing for USB since I moved to China and the release of win7. I wasn't sure where to get the newest version. I'm thinking. I will be going away in 2 weeks (for 6weeks) I might try to hold off until I get back and grab the newest version for a clean install. That is if the stability of my computer doesn't get worse. From three time within 8 hours yesterday. Seems stable today.
If I can just go to http://microsoft-news.com/ to get the newest official build that is really convenient. I heard some SP type updates are coming soon.

Back