ASUS Z170-DELUXE Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the ASUS Z170-DELUXE motherboard posted over at techPowerUP today. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

We've seen a GAMING board, but what about those of us who want the best while making use of all the features provided by a platform? With support for NMVe devices right in the box, the ASUS Z170-DELUXE hits the ground running. Mixed with great audio and one of the most extensive BIOSes ever, the ASUS Z170-DELUXE is exactly that - deluxe.

It seems like pretty much every vendor is using ASMedia for USB 3.1 on Z170 boards right now, with the exception of Gigabyte and their Alpine Ridge exclusive.

Been using a third party controller for basic 3.0 on my P67 board for years, don't even remember who it's from, I'll probably compare the ASMedia 3.1 with the native 3.0 when I get my Skylake build moving... Seems all the decent UASP enclosures use ASMedia USB/SATA chips tho.

Wouldn't have a clue about anything related to on board audio, never saw the sense in using it for anything but digital output. /shrug

Back