Benq GW2765HT one-time problem. What to do?

hardtert

n00b
I got a Benq GW2765HT the better part of a year ago but I hadn't been using it frequently until recently. Today when waking the monitor (hooked up to my Macbook retina 13) it made a crackly, buzzing sound. I'm not sure if it was functioning or not in terms of picture because I panicked, turned it off quickly and unplugged it from my Macbook.

Now it turns on fine, no noise and displays the intro screen and "no cable connected". I'm afraid to hook it up to my Macbook in case it has some electrical fault and it fries my HDMI output. (Is this a legitimate risk?) If I send it it back now they might not be able to replicate the problem. The only thing I can think of is to hook it up to a Blu-ray player and watch movies to see if I have the problem again. God knows how long that wil take, though.

I'm worried about sending it in. I bought it from B&H, not a brick & mortar store so I have to ship it. (luckily I kept the box.) It's a good monitor. What if they replace it with one that has dead pixels or backlight bleed? Will they accept two returns in a row in that case?

Does anybody have any advice? How good is Benq with returns?

BenQ is a very good company. Just give them a call and tell them your dilemma.

Customer/Technical Support 1-866-600-2367
Product Support for Projectors and Monitors is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Back