Intel Security Updates McAfee Mobile Security App

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today, Intel Security launched the latest version of McAfee Mobile Security (MMS), the award-winning product that addresses the need for comprehensive mobile security and optimized device performance. In this new version, users can get the most out of their Android* smartphone or tablet with a speed and battery booster. This latest version also extends security measures to Android Wear* watches. Users can prevent loss, stay on top of mobile threats and boost mobile device performance – all done straight from the watch. McAfee Mobile Security is available now globally for free and can be downloaded on Google Play Store.

Didn't Intel say they were dropping the McAffee name?

BBC News on CES 2014 said:
There were lots of wearable tech prototypes, a fancy mini-computer and more at Brian Krzanich's Keynote address. The Intel chief executive has been in charge of the firm for less than a year, making this his first CES as CEO.

Brian Krzanich unveiled Edison, a computer the size of an SD card, at his presentation
One part of his presentation, however, marked the end rather than the start of an era - the decision to rename the firm's security products division. It is ditching the McAfee brand and replacing it with Intel Security.

The controversial founder of the security business, John McAfee, told the BBC he was overjoyed by the news. "I am now everlastingly grateful to Intel for freeing me from this terrible association with the worst software on the planet. These are not my words, but the words of millions of irate users.
"My elation at Intel's decision is beyond words."

John McAfee says he is elated by Intel's decision to drop his name from their software
The reaction should come as no surprise. Last year Mr McAfee released a video showing how to "uninstall" the firm's anti-virus software by blasting a laptop with a bullet.
Link

Back