Intel Core i5 6600K Skylake Linux CPU Benchmarks

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Phoronix have run a bunch of benchmarks with the Intel Core i5 6600K running on Linux. If you are an alternative OS user, or you just want to see how this processor runs Linux benchmarks, you'll definitely want to read this review.

Earlier this week I began my Intel Skylake Linux benchmarking by posting some initial results from the HD Graphics 530, the new Intel "Gen9" graphics. While more Intel Linux HD Graphics 530 results are on the way, completed for this weekend are the initial CPU benchmark results comparing the Core i5 6600K to various other Intel Haswell/Broadwell processors as well as some AMD APUs and CPUs.

Pretty solid performance considering the lack of hyperthreading and a smaller cache (6MB). It's very competitive with the i7 4790K in a couple of benchmarks and outright wins in a few others.

Sarcasm: obviously they didn't include a Sandy Bridge i7 2600K, because that would have exposed how nothing has advanced in years, and also, too, they didn't compare "my i7 2600K o/c to 5.99999999GHz" to a stock i5-6600K, so the results are completely invalid. :D

Back