Hacker Hostel Faces the Real World and Loses

HardOCP News

[H] News
I hate to be one of those "I told you so" kinda guys but I told you so. This project was doomed to fail from the beginning.

The problem, like so many other problems in the tech world, is that Silicon Valley solutionism just doesn’t transfer that all that well to the real world. In the real world, even like-minded folks can have clashing egos. There’s always dirty dishes to wash and trash to take out. And your neighbors can get irritated—very irritated—by the constant comings and goings of energetic young people, no matter how idealistic their intentions. Which is what happened at Chez JJ.

Looks more like a neighbor who didn't like the idea of a hostel in the same building he was living in than the guests themselves screwing this up (amongst themselves).

Looks more like a neighbor who didn't like the idea of a hostel in the same building he was living in than the guests themselves screwing this up (amongst themselves).

He is legally in the right, even if he's not morally. You can't just set up a hostel anywhere you want. This whole thing sounds like a neat idea, but I'd never use it because the idea of being that close to a bunch of other people makes my skin crawl.

What? The Foxconn mentality fails in Silicon Valley!?!? But...but....but......

He is legally in the right, even if he's not morally. You can't just set up a hostel anywhere you want. This whole thing sounds like a neat idea, but I'd never use it because the idea of being that close to a bunch of other people makes my skin crawl.

Totally agreed, I wouldn't want this next door or not even in my neighborhood either.

Back