Earn The Respect Of Your Co-Workers With These Classic Steve Jobs Quotes

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
"You’ve baked a really lovely cake, but then you’ve used dog sh!t for frosting.” Man, if only there was a soundboard of this stuff.

Whether you're quitting or being kicked out, leave it to the late Steve Jobs to say what's really on your mind. Apple and Pixar honcho Steve Jobs was known not just for his genius products (Hello, Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone!), but also for his raging put-downs of subordinates and rivals.

Clear, biting and encouraging.. slacking off. Why try hard for verbal abuse?

quote-i-m-going-to-destroy-android-because-it-s-a-stolen-product-i-m-willing-to-go-thermonuclear-steve-jobs-106-6-0614.jpg

Funny that his "Being Vegan will heal my cancer" schtick actually lead him to "Being the richest man in the cemetary"

Since their quarterly revenue exceeds the annual revenue of Intel and many other companies I think most companies would love to be dying in that way :cool:
I guess you haven't been following their stock lately... What exactly has Apple done since Job died? Back in the 80's Apple was riding high with the release of the first Mac. They squandered their advantage and failed to innovate. Jobs returned to the company and they were riding high again on the iPod, iPhone and iPad. They are squandering their advantage as we speak only Jobs cannot return and rescue them for a final time...

I guess you haven't been following their stock lately... What exactly has Apple done since Job died? Back in the 80's Apple was riding high with the release of the first Mac. They squandered their advantage and failed to innovate. Jobs returned to the company and they were riding high again on the iPod, iPhone and iPad. They are squandering their advantage as we speak only Jobs cannot return and rescue them for a final time...

As of their earnings statement last month, Apple has over $200 BILLION dollars in cash. That's roughly the market cap of a company like Verizon or Oracle...in cash reserves.

Their stock can fluctuate like any other company .. as Parja noted, they are making more money than they can spend or return to investors in dividends and have an enormous cash reserve (this makes it easy for them to buy companies or technologies if they can find them) ... the Smartphone market has hardly run its course ... it may be more of a commodity industry but there is still money there (and Apple is one of only two companies making a profit in that market) ... there are also emerging markets that Apple can take a shot at (set top box like the Apple TV ... an actual Apple TV ... home controllers ... automobile interfaces ... etc) ... Apple could certainly fail or be forced to shrink but that is hardly imminent (IMO)

Their stock can fluctuate like any other company .. as Parja noted, they are making more money than they can spend or return to investors in dividends and have an enormous cash reserve (this makes it easy for them to buy companies or technologies if they can find them) ... the Smartphone market has hardly run its course ... it may be more of a commodity industry but there is still money there (and Apple is one of only two companies making a profit in that market) ... there are also emerging markets that Apple can take a shot at (set top box like the Apple TV ... an actual Apple TV ... home controllers ... automobile interfaces ... etc) ... Apple could certainly fail or be forced to shrink but that is hardly imminent (IMO)

If they eliminating the fact phones are bought on time disguised in the service charge, Apple's empire would crumble. If the phone portion of the charge was called out separately in the bill, people would start asking for cheaper phones. Why apple is not big in Europe.

If they eliminating the fact phones are bought on time disguised in the service charge, Apple's empire would crumble. If the phone portion of the charge was called out separately in the bill, people would start asking for cheaper phones. Why apple is not big in Europe.

Possibly, but I think Americans are growing enamored with their powerful Smartphones (Android and Apple) so I don't see a major back step there ... and with App store lock in you probably won't see much movement between the existing users (Android will stay the dominant platform with 80% of users and Apple number 2 with most of the rest) ... as the carriers start to back away from subsidies it is possible that users might abandon the more expensive smartphones, but there are still time payment options built into the bills and Americans are very good at absorbing time payments into their budgets

As of their earnings statement last month, Apple has over $200 BILLION dollars in cash. That's roughly the market cap of a company like Verizon or Oracle...in cash reserves.

And they will need it. Unless they have another winner like the iPhone or iPad they are going to be living off that cash for the next decade without continual steady flow.

Back