The Incredible Cars Of The Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is a prestigious, annual event that is a true paradise for car enthusiasts. It’s kind of like a big car show and auction rolled into one, where you can see everything from vintage Ferraris to concept titanium supercars.

Insurance on these cars is also substantial, given that the value of the cars on display at the various events over the week in Monterey must run into billions of dollars, and the vast majority are trucked in by white glove companies which ensure that their $100,000 paint jobs get nary a mark. Then they're trucked home again.

Enjoy some more from my time at Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance 2015

https://goo.gl/photos/m7HAbKq9GHPrp57x5

The Delehaye is my favorite from PB Concours 2015 even if it did not win.

dRjJ2XeIvMxhX1rd3nSDjZVb531oLOw7gMlse0Vhyj3J=w465-h348-no

Silly to buy something like that and not ever actually use it. Why not just have a big show where people display their stacks of gold bars?

Silly to buy something like that and not ever actually use it. Why not just have a big show where people display their stacks of gold bars?

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance also has the Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance
http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/pages/3023.html

Also, all cards winning Show and Class award must be able to drive to the platform to pick up their awards. So they are used to some degree.

There were only a few cars on the grounds that were completely static.

Depends on your definition of "use". An art deco masterpiece as pictured above is just a wonder to look at. I feel the same about much of the custom coachwork done during the 1920s and 30s here in the US.

We sent two 350GTs up there, one took best of marquee, the other went for 930k at auction.

Back