Atlas - The 'Walks Like A Drunk' Robot

I think it looks friendly. I would give it a hug if I came across that in the middle of the night in a dark forest.

It looks worse than the animatronics in the old video "Rock It" from Herbie Hancock. Honestly, I'm turning 50, and I expected much more from robotics by now.

Humanoid robots are fucking stupid, they need to quit trying.

4 Feet will always be better than 2.

They need to give this thing to police departments for DUI checkpoints. If you can't outwalk this clumsy machine, you are going to spend the night in jail.:D

I'm a little confused. This is a robot story not prefaced with the following comment:

I'm not saying they are going to kill us all, but they are going to KILL US ALL!

Am I on the right site?

That would be a great horror movie, being chased in the forest by that thing... the ending is the robot hovering over your dead body after you accidentally fall off a cliff, it repeating "you've got mail... you've got mail... you've got mail..."

Humanoid robots are fucking stupid, they need to quit trying.

4 Feet will always be better than 2.

Humanoid robots for a humanoid world. If we want them to make a cup of tea they will have to be the correct proportions to use an already existing stove, teapot, cup.

I do think for other purposes, a quadruped robot is best, like a pack mule.

Back