Send Your Cremated Remains To The Moon

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
You know, I may actually do this. Why get buried on earth like everyone else? Maybe moon aliens will find my remains and clone me.

This week, the company Elysium Space announced that they can send a portion of your cremated remains to the moon for prices starting at $11,950. But — act now! The first 50 people to sign up will get a lunar burial for the low, low price of $9,950!

We've already polluted Earth about as much as we can. Might as well start on the moon next.

Hmm, 1 gram of ashes, in a box, sitting unburied on the moon...

Oooooook, not sure if call that a "burial" per say...

You won't look any different than the current surface of the moon. You'll blend right in. :D

Let's just hope you aren't going to be a payload on a SpaceX flight.$12k for double cremation and you still end up scattered somewhere on Earth.

A bunch of baby ducks, send 'em to the moon!

Soda machine that doesn't work, send 'em to the moon!

A bucket full of ashes, send'em to the moon!

When they send your remains to the moon are they going to transfer a copy of your consciousness to a robot who will continue to live your life on the earth?

I think they should start selling something similar, like sending some of your reduced remains, not cremated, into space towards possible inhabitable planets, so you sell it to them like they may be seeding it with their DNA. Get some super rich ego maniac, and they would pay almost anything. Then just put their soylent green on a small rocket and launch and forget...

Back