Study Finds That Bears Hate Drones

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Wait a second. What if they weren’t stressed? What if they were excited? I mean, the drone could be carrying some delicious honey from Amazon. Or it could even be a carton of weed.

In all 17 drone encounters for which the researchers had heart-monitor data, the bears’ heart rates soared – one by as much as 46 beats per minute, another by 56 beats per minute, and a third (a mother bear with two cubs) by more than 120 beats per minute, from 41 to 162. While their heart rates returned to a more normal resting rate within 10 minutes after the encounter, the drone’s presence clearly caused the animals at least some significant physiological stress.

Try the same thing with some 3rd world person who's been living in the jungle and has been kept away from any sort of modern civilization. You get this very loud flying objects that's making a Bzzzzzzzzzhhhhhh sound over head... might make you wonder WTF is that.

So, you poke the Bear with a drone and, surprise, it gets excited.

Unless those drones are packin' .44 Magnums, they need to stop fucking with Bears.

A drone firing a .44 Magnum. Now that would be a sight to see LOL

Where's yer drone?

So you have something that sounds like a swarm of angry hornets flying around near you. I can't think of anyone that wants to be stung to death by a swarm of hornets. Of course a bear is going to be upset about that! Who wouldn't?

Damned right. Anyone flies a drone too close to my nest they'll find little charred pieces of it strewn over the next county.

Don't mess with us birds.

Considering the noise a drone makes, the bear probably thought, "What the fuck kind of bee is THAT?!?"

Try the same thing with some 3rd world person who's been living in the jungle and has been kept away from any sort of modern civilization.
Many third world people have experienced that and found the drone was sending a special package from Obama that go boom. :)

Hmm, things bears don't usually see in nature make them nervous. Wow, there's another million dollars well spent.....

Back