Police Investigate 'First Cyber-Flashing' Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
This poor woman says she was traumatized by this incident. Hopefully she will make a full recovery and eventually be able to ride the train again.

Ms Crighton-Smith, who was traveling on a train in south London, told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme: "I had Airdrop switched on because I had been using it previously to send photos to another iPhone user - and a picture appeared on the screen of a man's penis, which I was quite shocked by.

People have genitalia, sometimes you're going to see them whether you like it or not. The world keeps spinning.

I find it interesting that this was in south-London. Usually it is the Americans who are hyper-sensitive to anything involving genitalia.

I find it interesting that this was in south-London. Usually it is the Americans who are hyper-sensitive to anything involving genitalia.

Bored housewives with nothing better to do than complain exist everywhere

Bored housewives with nothing better to do than complain exist everywhere

Yup, here comes the victim blaming/insulting that happens every single time there's a woman subjected to a bratty little boy's sexual misconduct. How classy and intelligent.

Imagine if she used online dating sites like Tinder.
Then she'd really be traumatized :p

Wow, we are becoming a planet of fucking pussies......

I'm insanely thin-skinned, but.... at least I realize it, and adjust accordingly.
Do folks realize that by reacting to every single last damn thing that they're merely creating a toxic environment for everyone else? A politically correct world is a bullshit world, especially when those who write the laws have their own plans. What's next? Use of the word "straight" deemed "offensive" and therefore banned in public institutions?

I refuse to conform to political correctness but I like to be somewhat polite so I wear this t-shirt. :p

warning_offensive_dark_tshirt.jpg

Yup, here comes the victim blaming/insulting that happens every single time there's a woman subjected to a bratty little boy's sexual misconduct. How classy and intelligent.

It wouldn't happen if women would learn to shrug it off as "jackasses being jackasses" and get on with their lives instead of making a federal case out of absolutely everything that offends them.

This poor woman says she was traumatized by this incident. Hopefully she will make a full recovery and eventually be able to ride the train again.

Ms Crighton-Smith, who was traveling on a train in south London, told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme: "I had Airdrop switched on because I had been using it previously to send photos to another iPhone user - and a picture appeared on the screen of a man's penis, which I was quite shocked by.

To be honest, I'm not surprised and would have fully expected this with an open delivery mechanism like that. Maybe next time she'll learn to turn things off when she no longer needs them. Also, the guy sending dick pics anonymously is a creep, obviously.

This could make for a most awkward police lineup when trying to identify the culprit...

What a dumb ass for wasting the police's time but typical iPhone users. Just delete it, turn off public sharing and move on. The police should've fined her;.

A better question is why are iphones so insecure a random freaking person can send you pictures without you first authorizing it?

A better question is why are iphones so insecure a random freaking person can send you pictures without you first authorizing it?

Any device is only as secure as the user that operates it.

She is overreacting. Some people are stupid. She chose to be offended. I'm not saying it's ok but she isn't smart enough to use her iphone properly.

OH no! a penis! it's the end of the world!

"Hopefully she will make a full recovery and eventually be able to ride the train again."
Am I the only one that got that part of the joke? :D

"Hopefully she will make a full recovery and eventually be able to ride the train again."
Am I the only one that got that part of the joke? :D

Something tells me she hasn't ridden that train in a very long time, or possibly never.....

It wouldn't happen if women would learn to shrug it off as "jackasses being jackasses" and get on with their lives instead of making a federal case out of absolutely everything that offends them.

She's been married for 22 years and never before seen a penis!

I'll agree that the term "traumatized" may have been a little strong for a grown woman, but what if it had been a kid?

Furthermore, since when are we just supposed to "deal with" exhibitionism. It is a crime, plain and simple, one which will get you registered as a sex offender, and it should be.

Why the hell would some degenerate need to send pictures of his junk to random people?

Why the hell would some degenerate need to send pictures of his junk to random people?

In order to elicit a reaction. I mean.... I direct your attention to this.

There are those who love seeing a reaction from others, and will do pretty much anything to set people off. It's a game. Where is the incentive to be a civilized polite person online?

Zarathustra[H];1041792714 said:
I'll agree that the term "traumatized" may have been a little strong for a grown woman, but what if it had been a kid?

Furthermore, since when are we just supposed to "deal with" exhibitionism. It is a crime, plain and simple, one which will get you registered as a sex offender, and it should be.

A voice of reason, thank you. Just because it's a digital image doesn't make it different than if he had doffed his windcheater? :D

So I don't have an iPhone (nor any familiarity with them) but how does she know it was a picture of a penis if she didn't accept the picture? Does it show you a thumbnail?

I am going to turn mine on to Everyone and see what kinds of pics I get.

While his statement may be callous, the woman in question had the application set in a way to allow everyone to send to her which is not the default setting. Therefore, she literally was "asking for it".

I strongly urge everyone to read this recent The Atlantic article on the coddling of the American Mind. It indicates a most worrisome trend of which this is an example.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/the-coddling-of-the-american-mind/399356/

Why do I get the feeling that all the outraged individuals wouldn't give a crap if it were a woman sending a picture of her "disgusting parts" to a man.

It's only bad/disgusting/perverted when a man does it, amirite? :rolleyes:

While his statement may be callous, the woman in question had the application set in a way to allow everyone to send to her which is not the default setting. Therefore, she literally was "asking for it".

I strongly urge everyone to read this recent The Atlantic article on the coddling of the American Mind. It indicates a most worrisome trend of which this is an example.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/the-coddling-of-the-american-mind/399356/

I don't think that the problem the article points out is measured very well (or measurable for that matter since it's hard to quantify how people feel about things or invalidate those feelings either), but I don't think it has anything to do with the victim "asking for it" to happen to her. Honestly, thats the same logic guys use on a woman who doesn't wear a bra. They're like, "Oh, I was staring at her chest and once I found out, I knew it was okay to sexually assault her because she was asking for it."

Why do I get the feeling that all the outraged individuals wouldn't give a crap if it were a woman sending a picture of her "disgusting parts" to a man.

It's only bad/disgusting/perverted when a man does it, amirite? :rolleyes:

Since you're using parts of my post, Imma guess you're trying to get an opinion from me and my response is pretty simple. It's disgusting either way and if a man complains that some woman sent him a pic of her nasty stuff, then it should be investigated in the same way under relevant laws and she ought to get equally penalized for it. No one wants to see those revolting pics and people need to keep it to themselves.

It's disgusting either way and if a man complains that some woman sent him a pic of her nasty stuff, then it should be investigated in the same way under relevant laws and she ought to get equally penalized for it. No one wants to see those revolting pics and people need to keep it to themselves.

So, dicks are most revolting but the pussy is nasty as well? I am starting to wonder what's you thing.

Back