Microsoft Promises To Fix Windows 10 Store Apps Glitch

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you having issues with Windows 10 apps, Microsoft says that it will have the issue resolved in 48 hours.

Though Microsoft has not yet publicly revealed the source of the problem, the software giant has now promised a fix. In a brief statement sent to blog site Windows Central early Tuesday, a Microsoft spokesperson said that "this issue will be resolved within the next 48 hours via Windows Update." Assuming that timeframe holds, affected users should expect a fix sometime Tuesday or by end of day Wednesday.

Lol, I wouldn't know.

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, to 8.1 and now to 10, and I have yet to try the store. I ahve no interest in "apps" :p

I don't have much interest outside of a few of the free games the kids want to play. I didn't read the article to see what others are having issues but I can't get the apps to fully load after install. They start to load and immediately close. I definitely don't have much faith in the Windows Store.

I've not seen any problems with the store since release, the store is a lot faster in 10 than 8.1 from my observation.

The Windows Store certainly needs a LOT of help. With the ability to repackage Android APKs that aren't using Google Play, the new iOS tools that are being open sourced and even the inclusion of Win32 apps, if 10 is popular and indications now seem to be that that's the case, the store should improve, how much is anyone's guess.

That said there are some pretty nice apps there now that work well on the desktop. Mostly in the line of social media, casual games, online content and reference apps. Being able to run them on the desktop in a window makes a big difference for desktop use.

Now if only they would spend more time fixing the Modern/Win32 hodgepodge and terribad UI...

Granted, it's more usable than 8 was at launch, but it's definitely a step back from Vista/7.

Back