Blizzard Diablo Job Posting

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blue's News noticed that Blizzard has posted a job listing for an "Art Director, Unannounced Project." This is good news for anyone with the qualifications for the job and even better news for Diablo fans. :)

Though it has a headline saying "Art Director, Unannounced Project," this Blizzard job posting also has a sub-heading that flat out says "Diablo," which seems like a pretty strong hint about what game series this is for. They also list the following as one of the pluses for the position: "A passion for games with a deep understanding of the Diablo franchise."

Hopefully this is one of the following:

a) Second expansion to D3
b) Update of D2 to modern graphics
c) Working on D4

if it is something like WoD (World of Diablo) then I would be very displeased and uninterested as I don't do MMORPGs

I've always seen posts here about job openings hinting at a new game... nothing wrong with it IMHO

Seems out of place for Blizzard to work on intellectual property that is 20 years old.

I thought Blizzard ONLY put out fresh and new material and only looked forward.

#yaright

Seems out of place for Blizzard to work on intellectual property that is 20 years old.

#yaright

Nothing wrong with that ... if you have a good IP you can go to the well many times ... I don't think other company's IPs are near retirement either (Doom, Quake, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Far Cry, Wolfenstein, Resident Evil, etc) ... as long as you can find something fresh to tackle (or even stale but interesting to the players) you can milk that cow for all she's worth :D

#yaright

Well ya know... gotta scrape the bottom of the barrel with 'new' content.

Of course it's a new expansion. Way too early for anything else. Think I read something a long time back how they were looking at doing multiple expansions.

Of course it's a new expansion. Way too early for anything else. Think I read something a long time back how they were looking at doing multiple expansions.

I remember reading that they announced at an investor meeting that they planned two expansions when they originally launched D3.

#yaright

Well, we all know that Warcraft and Starcraft are nothing more than Warhammer's bastard children.

And their warcraft RTS's. I would love to play them again, might still have the original disc somewhere lol

What is this might - blasphemous :p

(More important is having those sweet sweet manuals. Warcraft 2 original manual ftw.)

What is this might - blasphemous :p

(More important is having those sweet sweet manuals. Warcraft 2 original manual ftw.)

I am not sure that I have my manuals but I do have my soundtrack disc and my animation disc for Warcraft 3 ... Zug zug :cool:

I also still have my Diablo 2 RPG manual :D

I'm not sure I'd want a diablo job... even if she was really hot looking.

Back