Lincoln's High-Tech 30 Way Seat Concept

Looks nice and all, but my only real thought is 30-Way means how many motors and how much cabling. Which of course then translates into...how much will that thing weigh?!

Pretty cool, gonna be a lot of little switches on the side of that seat though. I kid, I'm sure it's controlled through some graphical interface.

Ugh, this reminds me of when the stupid plastic worm gear in my old E36 M3 seat broke. Seat back would no longer move forward or back (particularly inconvenient in a 2 door coupe) and the 3" long plastic worm gear was over $50!

I would definitely want one for my office. I wonder if you can get an OEM seat. Time for some modding!

It's a sad truth that the nicest seat most people own is in their car. I have leather seats in my car. Do I have a single leather seat in my apartment? Nope.

Stupid ass video producer, the video pans around everywhere, and the seat is slow motion, can't tell exactly where the fking 30 way movement is. Only saw the individual leg and the headrest move, where's the rest? 1 out of 5 for video

what the fuck did I just see? Nothing. Two movements, one of the seat, one of the head rest. The rest was vanity panning for the sheer sake of filling up one minute of video time. What a fucking stupid way to market something that should have been cool. Presentation matters. The director of this video and his sycophantic approvers at the studio and at Lincoln are idiots for letting this through.

I was really hoping at the end it would start spasming all over the place just to show what it could do...lame...

The video is fail.

It doesnt demonstrate what the seat can do, beyond the leg and head support.

Poor color for a car seat. Couple of trips to the vet and it would be gray.

I was half expecting to see a "posterior alignment protrusion" extend from the "butt" of the seat as it gets turned on.

I would definitely want one for my office. I wonder if you can get an OEM seat. Time for some modding!

It's a sad truth that the nicest seat most people own is in their car. I have leather seats in my car. Do I have a single leather seat in my apartment? Nope.

No leather in my car... Shoot it doesn't even have electric seats, and only my best buddy seems to grasp the concept of not trying to get in thru the driver's side so I don't have to reset it (2 door Civic '07)...

I do have an Ikea Poang in my room and a Markus in my desk tho, probably plaeather but I guess that makes me the inverse of most people. :p The Ekornes couch & chairs in the living room are definitely real leather but I definitely didn't pay for those!

Not sure if I'll spring for leather whenever I get a new car, can get kinda sticky in PR's humid heat... Doesn't seem to hold up terribly well either, then again, nothing in my Civic's interior has held terribly well either. Thankfully the engine's a different story...

There was a time period in which I owned a Lincoln LS with a pretty amazingly customizable seat for the time. The wiring harness came unglued from the bottom of the seat and fell into the tracks, smooshing some wires together and causing a short in the control board for the seats. For some reason that control board have enough circuitry/controls/whatever connecting it back with the PCM that the forward/backward motion of the seat controlled the throttle. Yes...I could rev my engine with my seat controls until I determined the issue.

I will say, the most comfortable chair I own is built into my car. I should probably change that since I spend so much time at my computer.

I want a full set of these for my living room.
Talk about settling in for a comfortable night of movies or gaming. :D

Head rest needs to adjust. Why not curve around head?

One thing I hate about my Mustang. Head rest annoyingly fixed forward.

Video=disappointment. Didn't show movements. But...

That seat reminds me of the bet damn seat ever made for a car IMHO.

That would be the original Ford Sport Bucket Seat as used in the mid 80's to 96 Ranger, and 91 to 96 Explorer. It may have been used in that vintage Mustang as well.

Adjustable Lumbar supports, adjustable thigh supports, adjustable wings, and very, very comfortable.

Sadly, in 1997 Ford went on a de-contenting kick and the seat was replaced with a short, flat, POS that had no right to be called a seat.

I once visited a lot of auto manufacturing plants for an old job. The guy at one of the Ford plants I went to had a cobra mustang seat mounted on an office chair platform for his desk chair.

^ My mechanic has car chairs sitting around everywhere in his place...

I'll agree with you on the first sentence. There are those DX racer chairs that are in high demand due to that.

But I'll kindly disagree on the second sentence as being a quality determiner. I hate leather. Hate. I got fabric seats in my car not just because I didn't want to pay for leather, but because I hated leather. That's why when I look at those high end or optioned out cars and I'm like "well those features are nice and all... what's the seat made out of?" "Leather" "Nope.jpg"

I don't understand the obsession with leather either. It's fine for shoes and maybe jackets but as a permanent fixture like a seat? Ugh.

Mumble mumble leather </mini rant about leather>

^ My mechanic has car chairs sitting around everywhere in his place...

I'll agree with you on the first sentence. There are those DX racer chairs that are in high demand due to that.

But I'll kindly disagree on the second sentence as being a quality determiner. I hate leather. Hate. I got fabric seats in my car not just because I didn't want to pay for leather, but because I hated leather. That's why when I look at those high end or optioned out cars and I'm like "well those features are nice and all... what's the seat made out of?" "Leather" "Nope.jpg"

I don't understand the obsession with leather either. It's fine for shoes and maybe jackets but as a permanent fixture like a seat? Ugh.

Mumble mumble leather </mini rant about leather>

Because leather is more resistant to staining, smells, weather its pretty much the best option for a material that lasts a long time that can be used on seats.

Because leather is more resistant to staining, smells, weather its pretty much the best option for a material that lasts a long time that can be used on seats.

Is it? Has anyone done an evaluation on current leather staining susceptibility compared to modern fabric in cars? Because car fabric isn't made out of the same thing it used to be. I would guess that there have been various advances in that field. Is the same true for leather? IIRC leather gets hairy with regards to the chemicals you can actually use on it without ruining its finish.
http://theinteriorguyllc.com/2008/hstains-in-leather-seats
Fabric would probably be more lax in this regard, as to what you can use to get any stains out of it. There is no finish to speak of so unless you just pour bleach all over it, I doubt you're going to ruin anything.

Frankly though that's not why I hate leather. I hate it simply because of the way it feels. It gets hot as hell during summer. It's sweaty to sit in. It's unpleasant to bare skin. It doesn't really breath. Generally speaking it's not very soft. So that original post was just my personal dislike for it as a sitting surface.

Back