Bill Murray To Appear In New Ghostbusters Film

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I think this is kind of weird, since Bill Murray has practically gone on record that he was done with the franchise. Isn't he the reason why a real Ghostbusters 3 never happened? He also really hated the sequel, but now he'll be appearing in the all-female Ghostbusters, which looks like it'll be even worse. (For the record, I liked Ghostbusters II.)

Murray has long been resistant to star in a third Ghostbusters. He told David Letterman earlier this year that his hesitancy stems from Ghostbusters II not having been as well-received as the first one. Feig's film, which is currently shooting, stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones and Chris Hemsworth. It hits theaters on July 22, 2016.

I'm a huge Bill Murray fan, but I have to wonder how much theyre paying him to change his mind.

Or he gets killed and comes back as ghost. It doesn't matter, this movie will be terrible.

That was one of the plots that Dan/Harold wrote for a potential three. They also wrote one about Manhellton, an alternate dimension.

This is weird, because Feig has gone on record as saying this is a reboot and a different universe from the original. There's also been rumors that a sequel is in the works (writing) with guys.

you know, some movies just don't need to be remade................

It is more about destroying old memories then it is about creating new ones.

Something tells me it's about creating more money, as they give a fuck all about memories except the fact that the memories get people to pay that money.

Something tells me it's about creating more money, as they give a fuck all about memories except the fact that the memories get people to pay that money.

Yep. They could careless if it gets them cash. I mean, they remade Vacation. There's absolutely nothing sacred anymore.

It also seems that reboots are speeding up. Instead of waiting 25 years to reboot a franchise for a new generation, it could be done within a few years. Look at Spiderman or Fantastic Four.

Reboots that make sense are ones that bring on a new audience. The Star Trek reboot made sense to me because I was never interested in ST growing up, so it introduced me to that universe. There's been 30 years since GB was produced, so I feel a reboot is acceptable. But not one that pisses all over the original. Swapping genders just to swap genders? Sure, add a female to the team. But the entire team?

Oh give it time... I'm quite sure there will be. :p

who are you kidding the internet rule 34ed that shit long ago...

Infact this whole concept is a glaring example of rule 63 and just because they got some ugly old bags to be the ghostbuster's means little as ill direct you to rule 36 and 41

Yep. They could careless if it gets them cash. I mean, they remade Vacation. There's absolutely nothing sacred anymore.

Technically, Vacation is not a remake, more of a continuation of the family story.
I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment on if it was any good or not.

He's a twat, thanks to his bullshit we have to endure this fucking "reboot" when a proper sequel realistically should have been done years ago. Now theyre all in their 60's, Harold Ramis is dead and the prospects of a proper GB3 died a long time ago.

Just thinking, Murray was in that movie the Monuments men which was about exciting as watching paint dry, yet never wanted to do another ghostbusters 0_o

The more they reveal about it the more it sounds like it's going to suck ass.

they lost me at reboot then again at all female cast they had me going to see it when Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray said they would be associated with it and then they lost me when it was said that both of them would not be as ghostbusters but as cameo non integral bits...

As for a script for a reboot i would have had it in an alternate universe where after 1 they never got allowed to reopen basically 2 never happened even though i liked that movie and have daughters and sons of the original ghost busters reopen the business. Then have Bill Murray help them with the old equipment have Dan Aykroyd have been living in the old fire house keeping an eye on the containment unit the whole time and have them be just there but not in action or such...

For 3 the same thing except they get shut back down sometime after 2 then like 15-20 years after 3 Oscar now grown gets his friends and such together to reopen their dads old business... a rusted out ecto 1 is given a cameo and they move to the next stall where they have ecto 3 a SUV or hatchback car logos intact for product placement purposes. OMG i just saw what they are using for the new ecto 1.:(:(:(:( I would rather have seen them give this franchise the YJ treatment not the flat broke so we are squeezing another diamond out of this turd chute treatment...

This needs to be recast re written and set as a branch office adventure.

Just thinking, Murray was in that movie the Monuments men which was about exciting as watching paint dry, yet never wanted to do another ghostbusters 0_o

Did you catch him on letterman his MO is to steal the show if all eyes are not on him he doesn't really care to do it look at zombieland far too much of that movie was spent stroking his ego...

More like he was opposed to it thinking it would never happen without him, and now that they are doing it without him, he wanted in :p

Men in Black is to Men In Black II as Ghostbusters is to Ghostbusters II.....you have 30 minutes to write your essays.

Bill Murray = most 1 dimensional actor ever.

If you see him listed for a movie, you already know what the character will be.

Men in Black is to Men In Black II as Ghostbusters is to Ghostbusters II.....you have 30 minutes to write your essays.

but there is a big difference where as ghostbusters 2 added to the franchise and was good just not as good as the first men in black 2 sucked and was nothing near what the first movie was...

Did you catch him on letterman his MO is to steal the show if all eyes are not on him he doesn't really care to do it look at zombieland far too much of that movie was spent stroking his ego...

He's done a lot of questionable films since Ghostbusters II.

Or he gets killed and comes back as ghost. It doesn't matter, this movie will be terrible.

The more they reveal about it the more it sounds like it's going to suck ass.

Yea I just don't expect anything good about the third movie. The first movie was very well done and I don't see them making anything as well done as it. Moviebob does a good job going over the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPoILjs6BYI

I don't even know if I want to see this new movie. It isn't a sure thing that it will be horrible but I think it is beyond a safe bet.

Bill Murray = most 1 dimensional actor ever.

If you see him listed for a movie, you already know what the character will be.

Kinda like Jason Statham, i think he's played the same character in almost every movie he's been in.

Everytime I see Bill Murray (past and future) I feel like I'm still watching Groundhog's Day.

Looks absolutely aweful.....

Female power! ......Go fuck yourself.

The moment they decided they wanted to make a P.C./ feminist version of this movie, was the moment it ceased having any chance of being anything other than pure garbage. I don't think any self respecting fan will ever give this film the time of day.

Hopefully its a tasteful and fun cameo Stan Lee style.
Ghostbusters 2 sucked... most feel the same.

Back