Creative And Astonishing Minecraft Creations

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
What can you do with Minecraft? Actually, what can't you do with Minecraft? Check out these eight creations ranging from a Fallout-inspired, post-apocalyptic city to a squadron of hammerhead shark battleships.

Kids love it. Grown ups love it. You can play to survive, overcome challenges, or---my personal favorite---build ridiculously creative things.

I actually made Fappington Manor from Noob Adventures and enjoyed it. I thought, you know that mountain could use a big house on it. In fact if it wasn't for the show I wouldn't have played the game now that I think of it.

Minecraft anything=crap for graphics.

Doesn't matter to me if there are few limitation on your imagination. I quit playing with legos when I was 10.

I really don't see the appeal beyond kids.

Beginner training for the matrix where many will be living soon. Can't imagine where all this will be in 10 years with full on VR.

Beginner training for the matrix where many will be living soon. Can't imagine where all this will be in 10 years with full on VR.

2593.png

I still don't understand how they made a computer work. Blows my mind.

Doesn't matter to me if there are few limitation on your imagination. I quit playing with legos when I was 10.

Well.....I feel sorry for you.

Creating is creating.

really sucks for you then? I personally love lego still as do many adults. Its great to just sit in basement with my son and see who can build the coolest looking robot out of his lego. Now that's he's 7 I've started playing minecraft with him as well and we have far to much fun just building stuff. But I get it, using your imagination is and having fun with basic toys isn't everyone's style.

I don't play Minecraft yet I can't help but be impressed with what people create in the game. The computer, Redeemer Class Gunship and Atropos are awesome! :)

Superior graphics does not make a superior game.
If that is how you look at any game, then I feel sorry for what you have missed. Does this also mean that games from the past which you though had awesome graphics at the time and was fun to play are now crappy games?

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”
― Albert Einstein

Superior graphics does not make a superior game.
If that is how you look at any game, then I feel sorry for what you have missed. Does this also mean that games from the past which you though had awesome graphics at the time and was fun to play are now crappy games?

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”
― Albert Einstein

I can't get into the old games that I used to love. For some reason, in my mind when I reflect back to the days of the Nintendo, my Amiga, and early PC games, I remember them looking better than they really do.
I was watching a gameplay video of Ultima 6 on the Amiga a few weeks ago, I used to love that game and played it a lot, but when I saw that video, the game looked totally different than from what I remembered.

I still don't understand how they made a computer work. Blows my mind.
I've never played Minecraft so I can only speculate, but my nephew does and I've seen him make mine cart style rollercoasters with switches that allow you to change tracks, and if they're "mechanical" in nature, they could basically build a Babbage engine. But since it's in a digital realm I can see how they can up the functionality of a "mechanical" switch.

But stuff like this is creative, and takes an artistic touch. Unlike that one guy who simply copied a picture pixel for pixel.

really sucks for you then? I personally love lego still as do many adults. Its great to just sit in basement with my son and see who can build the coolest looking robot out of his lego. Now that's he's 7 I've started playing minecraft with him as well and we have far to much fun just building stuff. But I get it, using your imagination is and having fun with basic toys isn't everyone's style.

Na; went from playing with legos to doing real things; like finding a old junk lawn mower and taking the engine apart to see how it worked.
Finding this so fascinating it led to a car craft hobby where I built a few race engines. Did the same with electrical and electronics. Started building heathkit electronics kits. Studied how electronics works in magazines, etc. Bought a meter and a soldering iron and fixed car radios and car amps for friends. Fixed my parents console TV after the TV repairman said it wasn't worth fixing. I found it was a $4 voltage regulator IC that was the problem.
Decided to go to tech school and make a career of it. I quit servicing electronics for a living nearly 20 years ago but that lead to office equipment and computers, (was a computer hobbyist all along) and that finally to my job today.

There came to a point at 10 years old; that playing with plastic toys just didn't do it for me anymore.
My son is 10 and plays with legos. I have a old lawn mower engine in the garage that we might take apart together some day soon. ;)

Back