Too Lazy To Walk? The WalkCar Is For You

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Those crazy Japanese have done it again. This portable Segway seems like a real engineering marvel; it weighs under 6 pounds and can reach top speeds of 6 miles per hour, for distances of up to 7 miles, after three hours of charging. I feel kind of conflicted, though, because this kind of thing is also the epitome of laziness.

Some people will be too fat to use it. Or this thing causes you to become fat, then you cant use it anymore then lose weight again. Then use it again become fat, then the cycle continues.

Weighs 6lbs, and runs 7 miles on a 3hr charge? Is that with no weight on it?

Some people will be too fat to use it. Or this thing causes you to become fat, then you cant use it anymore then lose weight again. Then use it again become fat, then the cycle continues.

Gateway "drug" to a handifat scooter?? :D

Honestly was pretty cool at the 1min mark seeing a guy using the WalkCar to push a loaded cart up an incline. Could definitely see some use in warehouses if it's actually able to move around weight like that.

Forgot to mention people texting while riding these should be interesting.

it did manage to go over the curve. It's actually pretty cool.

It was already shown going up a small bump. Obviously I can't say how well it works but it seems that they have taken care of it.

This sure looks like the ideal position to stand on something that is moving. I wonder why they bother making surfboards and skateboards in that shape...seems like a lot of useless space. /s

Now all I need is a portable breathing machine so I don't have to use my own lungs to do it

And when you run over a small rock at 6 mph and it launches you face first to the ground enjoy!

well looking at the bright size if this get accepted by the masses we will probably see more handicap accessible access to way more place

Oh it will definitely be a one-way trip...

I want a skateboard version, this looks too small for my feet.

Not quite here yet, but damn it, we're getting close!

walle-e-humans-in-the-spaceship_zps9r3tyvt4.jpg

There are a lot of products like this right now. Basically an electric skateboard. I'm pretty sure I'm covered between my feet, bike and car already.

now if only the sidewalks around here were paved asphalt... think i'll need one with bigger pneumatic wheels...

Back