EPIC View Of Moon Transiting The Earth

One of the coolest things about this is that we're actually looking at the so-called "dark side of the moon" in this video. The side we never see because the moon is tidally locked.

my brain is wired for something jackass to happen and the moon to punk earth. i was waiting for the prank lol

No matter how advanced we get tech wise, we never seem to get hi rez pics of the earth ... :confused:

No matter how advanced we get tech wise, we never seem to get hi rez pics of the earth ... :confused:

Well it is a million miles from Earth, I don't even think the NSA or CIA has that level of hi-ressiness :)

Besides it's mission is to detect solar wind abnormalities, not take pretty pictures :)

Is it just me or was that not very amazing. I'm no animation master but I could have transitioned that a lot smoother in windows movie maker.

Kuellar, that is an amazing shot of the earth. I could put that as wall paper on my ceiling.

Is it just me or was that not very amazing. I'm no animation master but I could have transitioned that a lot smoother in windows movie maker.

Eh, NASA doesn't like to interpolate or add pseudo information that wasn't captured live, and to that I applaud their integrity. Others can smooth out the animation if they are so inclined.

Anything run by the goverment (i.e Nasa) you have to ask if they are giving legitimate data or just basically making things up with a 3d editor.

Kuellar, that is an amazing shot of the earth. I could put that as wall paper on my ceiling.
Thanks, if you liked that one check out this one of the Sun:
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1504/GS_20150427_Sun_1500.jpg

The scale on the left side shows the distance from the Earth to the Moon...that's a big solar filament!

Back