ASUS Announces the Z170 Signature Series

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS today announced the Z170 Signature Series of motherboards, a fully-featured family that enables flexible, wide-ranging PC builds for day-to-day productivity, entertainment, and gaming. Perfectly refined, the Z170 Signature Series has a best-in-class overclocking design that includes a dedicated microprocessor for unlimited overclocking potential. The new motherboards also feature Crystal Sound 3 for impeccable onboard audio quality, Intel® Ethernet with Turbo LAN to deliver an incredible gaming experience, and the latest interfaces for rapid data transmission: an M.2 x4 PCI Express 3.0 slot for SSDs, plus Type-A and Type-C USB 3.1 ports for external storage.

sucks they aren't doing a Z170 Pro. there is a big feature and price gap between the Z170-A and Z170 Deluxe. and the Z170-A has a brown pcb. no thanks. don't quite need the package of the Deluxe though, and don't need to spend upwards of $300 on a mobo for mainstream socket and I'm sure it'll be as high.

sucks they aren't doing a Z170 Pro. there is a big feature and price gap between the Z170-A and Z170 Deluxe. and the Z170-A has a brown pcb. no thanks. don't quite need the package of the Deluxe though, and don't need to spend upwards of $300 on a mobo for mainstream socket and I'm sure it'll be as high.

Pro will follow soon.

Any chance for m-atx with features and price beetween M-PLUS and Gene ?

Something like ATX Pro-Gamer (which is imho really nicely priced product for what it offers) or m-atx -A variant (since i'm sucker for black and white combo)

I'm curiouson on that hyper kit and the CPU installation tool. what is and how it works.

Will there be a mini ITX or mATX board in this series? I really like the black & white color scheme.

I'm curiouson on that hyper kit and the CPU installation tool. what is and how it works.

Which hyper kit? I think they use similar names for the PCI-E adapter that acts like an M.2 riser card ands the M.2 adapter that converters one such slot into an U.2 port (for like a 2.5" Intel 750).

The CPU install tool is just what it sounds like, you can see how it works on any of the manuals or some of the ASUS Z170 reviews... I'm certain one had a video, possibly Thinkcomputers.

It's a little plastic bit you snap the CPU into for correctly placing it into the socket without bending pins etc, guess it acts like a guide or jig.

Back