$9k Watch That Straps To The Apple Watch

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wearing one expensive watch at a time isn't good enough for you? Good News! This company is selling $9,000 watches that attach to your Apple Watch. This makes me think of that line Robert Downey Jr. said in Tropic Thunder about "never go full retard." Xzibit would be proud.

It's not often I hear many good ideas, but after reading this I'll go back to looking for one.

This is just dumb. Nobody wants the weight of an Apple Watch and heavy a 9k watch on their wrist.

Need a watch for you watch so you can watch your watch why your watch?

Need three-way version because it's too much effort to turn wrist.

Steve, you missed the obvious Xzibit reference:
Yo dawg! I heard that you like watches, so I put a watch on your watch.
xzibit_yo_dawg_render_by_kernelpanicx-d5aa710.png

Who is Nico Gerard? Is that a good brand? I can get a decent stainless steel watch that looks like that for under $50, so why would I pay $9 for one, from a company I've never heard of. And I like watches so if I've never heard of them then anyone I might try to impress with it (most likely in vain) isn't going to know what the heck it is. They'll probably just think it's a $5 knockoff brand.

When I heard that AAPL dropped 12% recently, I can't help but feel a little happy to know that at least something finally made sense. As Apple faces more and more competition in emerging markets from the likes of xiaomi, Its profit margin will shrink and hopefully people finally wise up to the fact that Steve Jobs is dead.

[21CW]killerofall;1041775831 said:
Steve, you missed the obvious Xzibit reference:
Yo dawg! I heard that you like watches, so I put a watch on your watch.
xzibit_yo_dawg_render_by_kernelpanicx-d5aa710.png

Damn, beat me to it.

p41u6.jpg

Well.. then if/when the Apple watch breaks you can still have a watch that works.

Just like so many "smart phones", that are really piss-poor phones, with "smart watches" you need a real watch to tell time!

Everyone seems to have missed the 18 karat gold version for $112,000! :rolleyes:

https://www.nicogerard.com/nico-gerard-sunrise-pinnacle

Never heard of this watch house before and it appears these hideous time pieces comprise the entire collection. Zero horological history and based on a modified ETA movement which can be found in many other cheaper brands.

For half the price you could grab yourself a beautiful watch from recognised swiss houses like Omega, IWC, Breitling, Zenith, Baume & Mercier, etc. Have no idea who their target market is, but no one with a clue about watches would waste money on such a tacky frankenwatch.

This is just dumb. Nobody wants the weight of an Apple Watch and heavy a 9k watch on their wrist.
You underestimate how fucking stupid people are now days.
Watches?

Is this 1900?
I and many others still wear wrist watches, just because you don't, does not mean it is still not a thing.
Do you not remember the time when people wore those ridiculous over-sized watches?
People still do this, however seems to be popular with a certain ethnicity.

I like the idea of a 'smart' watch. Notifications on my wrist. It's quicker to glance at a watch than it is to get my phone out of my pocket. I have a bigger phone and I tend to do this- flip thing. Which sometimes ends up in me throwing the phone.

That and while I'm at the gym, when people text me, It's nice to just take a glance instead of trying to unzip my pants and pull it out just to see what's buzzing down there. Not to mention to make sure that it's important. It's my in-laws, time to send to voice mail!

I haven't regularly worn a watch since I got my first cellphone in 1997. To me its silly to wear a time piece when I have that capability in my.pocket already.

When I already have something capable of telling the time with my at all times, the added benefit of a wath becomes nothing more than silly expensive male jewelry.

Jewelry is for aesthetics and showing off only, and as such I am 100% opposed to it. :p

expensive watches should not be digital. it misses the entire point.

expensive watches should not be digital. it misses the entire point.

Nah, the point of a watch is to be a black box that sits on your wrist and reliably tells time.

As long as it accomplished this, the "how" is irrelevant.

That being said, I think you missed the point about this article, ad it discusses a mechanical watch to accompany your Apple watch on the same wristband, for people with more money than brains who want to waste even more of it, just to show off how moronic they are to anyone who can see their wrist. :p

Zarathustra[H];1041777070 said:
Nah, the point of a watch is to be a black box that sits on your wrist and reliably tells time.

That being said, I think you missed the point about this article, ad it discusses a mechanical watch to accompany your Apple watch on the same wristband, for people with more money than brains who want to waste even more of it, just to show off how moronic they are to anyone who can see their wrist. :p

.Tag Heuer, Swatch, Timex or cellphone in my pocket, doesn't make a difference at all to me, as long as I can tell what time it is.

If I have a cell phone in my pocket, I'm not going to waste money time or effort on having another timepiece oln my wrist.

Seeing an expensive watch on someone's wrist doesn't impress me. In fact, it does the exact opposite. I think they are a fool for wasting money to try to show off with stupid male jewelry

Totally bringing multiple watches back!

multiple+watches.jpg

Anyhow, like most normal people these days, I think even wearing a watch is an utterly and completely weird thing that you really only see older people who aren't likely to change still doing in large numbers.

Zarathustra[H];1041777074 said:
.Tag Heuer, Swatch, Timex or cellphone in my pocket, doesn't make a difference at all to me, as long as I can tell what time it is.

If I have a cell phone in my pocket, I'm not going to waste money time or effort on having another timepiece oln my wrist.

Seeing an expensive watch on someone's wrist doesn't impress me. In fact, it does the exact opposite. I think they are a fool for wasting money to try to show off with stupid male jewelry

I feel the same way when it comes to all designer clothes/shoes/accessories regardless of gender.

Function over all else. When pants from target do the trick for $20, only a fool would buy designer stuff for 4-8 times as much.

Zarathustra[H];1041777083 said:
I feel the same way when it comes to all designer clothes/shoes/accessories regardless of gender.

Function over all else. When pants from target do the trick for $20, only a fool would buy designer stuff for 4-8 times as much.

Clothes are a whole different thing than watches and that's not at all gender-limited either. Guys who take the time to dress nicely just seem more interesting and tend to also do things like wash their dishes or do their own laundry before they have to start turning underthings inside out. It says a lot about a person sometimes if they can bother to pay attention to minor things. Besides, would you rather someone spend money on clothes or a car?

Clothes are a whole different thing than watches and that's not at all gender-limited either. Guys who take the time to dress nicely just seem more interesting and tend to also do things like wash their dishes or do their own laundry before they have to start turning underthings inside out. It says a lot about a person sometimes if they can bother to pay attention to minor things. Besides, would you rather someone spend money on clothes or a car?

I'm not saying I prefer slobs. Dress appropriately, be clean and criaply ironed, but expensive designer clothes, designer sunglasses glasses, fancy watches, fancy cars, etc. Are a sign of insecure people who feel the need to show off their material wealth, and have their priorities messed up.

I I terview a lot of people at work.

When someone comes though that door dressed to the nines in a designer pinstriped suit, designer shoes, fancy watch, and a fancy leather briefcase, they have more of an uphill battle ahead of them in my interview than someone who comes in in a nice but subtle basic suit (well fitting, clean, not crumpled or worn, of course) for a few reasons.

1.) They make silly style over substance decisions in their personal lives with their own money, is that going to translate to similar poor decisions in the business?

2.) Is this show-off attitude goif to hurt team cohesion?

3.) What are they trying to make up for? If you spend some time in a courthouse you quickly learn that the best dressed defendants are the most guilty.

Zarathustra[H];1041777122 said:
I'm not saying I prefer slobs. Dress appropriately, be clean and criaply ironed, but expensive designer clothes, designer sunglasses glasses, fancy watches, fancy cars, etc. Are a sign of insecure people who feel the need to show off their material wealth, and have their priorities messed up.

I I terview a lot of people at work.

When someone comes though that door dressed to the nines in a designer pinstriped suit, designer shoes, fancy watch, and a fancy leather briefcase, they have more of an uphill battle ahead of them in my interview than someone who comes in in a nice but subtle basic suit (well fitting, clean, not crumpled or worn, of course) for a few reasons.

1.) They make silly style over substance decisions in their personal lives with their own money, is that going to translate to similar poor decisions in the business?

2.) Is this show-off attitude goif to hurt team cohesion?

3.) What are they trying to make up for? If you spend some time in a courthouse you quickly learn that the best dressed defendants are the most guilty.

And I need to stop typing these things in the treadmill at the work gym. The typos are starting to get bad...

Zarathustra[H];1041777135 said:
And I need to stop typing these things in the treadmill at the work gym. The typos are starting to get bad...

Its okay, I got what you meant. :)

I think I understand what you're getting at now. There's most certainly some moderation that should be exercised when it comes to an outfit and personal style. I like people that care about what they look like and, more importantly, take care of themselves health-wise too, but I won't at all deny there are people to take that to an extreme. In fact, its really easy to reach that extreme too and in a lot of different ways beyond just the price of a piece of clothing (think skimpy stuff, excessive tattoos, piercings, and whatever else).

Zarathustra[H];1041777070 said:

For a normal watch under maybe $100, I agree.

When you start talking about multi-thousand dollar watches, the vast majority of watch enthusiasts want elaborate mechanical complications for it's own sake. it's a "because we can" type deal.

I love the 10-12 months delivery!

Get the pre-orders in at $200 a time...sit back for 6 months...disappear!

Either that or that's how long it will take the deliveries to come from China...

Back