GIGABYTE X99-SLI LGA 2011v3 Motherboard Review@ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
GIGABYTE X99-SLI LGA 2011v3 Motherboard Review - GIGABYTE’s X99-SLI promises to be a multi-GPU capable power house for enthusiasts on a budget. The design is very similar to the X99-UD4P which was an excellent motherboard so the X99-SLI has a lot to live up to as expectations for it run high. Does $240 get you a solid X99 motherboard?

"but it still seems very odd to me that an "SLI" motherboard does not come with an array of SLI bridge cables."

"SLI branded board" and no SLI bridges? Odd indeed. Either everybody is going to use newer AMD card that don't require a bridge or Gigabyte decided everybody that's going to SLI with Nvidia would want to buy fancy-panty custom bridges?

My how things have changed.

Gigabyte used to be my first choice back in the days of P35 and X58, even over ASUS. They were rock solid, 24/7 and they were the only brand that gave you cables for everything and then some at a very affordable price point. Back then I wouldn't touch an MSI or an ASRock.

Now ASUS would be my first choice, MSI second and ASRock is looking to be a viable 3rd option.

Gigabyte has just completely fallen off my radar with its "meh" offerings.

Back