Suggestion for mouse and keyboard

Zerion

n00b
Hi all, I want to change my mouse and keyboard and I looked around for inputs. I looked at the Corsair K70 (I don't need the RGB version, I think the red illumination is just enough, or the macros of the K95) and the Corsair M65 with the mousepad MM200. Obviously I will use them for gaming. Would you reccomend those? Are they good?

And since I'm new to mechanical keyboards which type of switch would you reccomend? I heard that Brown is good for beginners, is that right?

Last edited:
I just switched over from a Logitech G15 (the newer model) to the Corsair k70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches. I gotta tell you its one of the best purchases I have ever made. Huge difference going from a rubber dome keyboard to a cherry MX red mechanical keyboard. I'm now looking to switch out my G9X with a Corsair M65 rgb mouse as well. I may just go for it an buy the M65 and sell the G9X. But as far as the Corsair K70 I say definitely go for it.....Browns are great, but I love my reds!

I just switched over from a Logitech G15 (the newer model) to the Corsair k70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches. I gotta tell you its one of the best purchases I have ever made. Huge difference going from a rubber dome keyboard to a cherry MX red mechanical keyboard. I'm now looking to switch out my G9X with a Corsair M65 rgb mouse as well. I may just go for it an buy the M65 and sell the G9X. But as far as the Corsair K70 I say definitely go for it.....Browns are great, but I love my reds!

Thank you for the reply :) Since you are new to mechanical too, how do you feel Red switches? Are they too sensitive or just right?

Thank you for the reply :) Since you are new to mechanical too, how do you feel Red switches? Are they too sensitive or just right?

I personally think they're great. Even with my Ogre-ish style typing they are just right. I don't feel like they are too sensitive however others may disagree. I've tested most of them out at my local Microcenter and reds definitely were my favorite.

I've had a lot of mechanical keyboards. The Corsair K70 is easily one of the best built physically. The problem with them is always firmware related. Sometimes mine will endlessly repeat an input from the "A" or "D" keys and I'll turn like a retard in game. Usually I have to unplug the keyboard to make it stop. I honestly can't understand how you can fuck up the firmware of a keyboard. Its a simple device that hasn't changed much in decades.

My Ducky Shine was better in this regard but the key cap quality is better on the Corsair.

For me it's Cherry MX Blues or bust. Reds, blacks, browns, clears, etc. are all OK, but the blues are where it's at as far as I am concerned.

I use scissor-switch boards for everyday typing, but mechanical all the way for gaming. I just picked up a Deck Francium Pro tenkeyless with brown switches/white backlit. This thing is beautiful. I love the PBT caps compared to ABS on my Quickfire TK (which will be listed in the FS thread soon ;)). If you don't need a keypad, a tenkeyless is great for gaming. So much more comfortable mouse/keyboard positioning.

I've got the white M65 mouse. It's okay, but I strongly prefer my Razer Naga Hex.

I have Logitech keyboards for years and recently I bought a new Logitech keyboard and honestly, it is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. They have really gone downhill.

I jumped on my first mechanical board a few years ago with the original K90 (well, there were a few buckling spring IBMs back in the 486 days)... Took to it pretty quickly, I've tried browns on a spare board and the click feedback just feels too subtle to me for it to matter, even tho everyone lauds them as the best middle ground.

Maybe it's just something particular to that Roswill board I got with browns... Anyway, I got used to not bottoming out on reds while typing even without a click, YMMV. I'd probably go reds again if I had any urge to swap out my K90. As for mice, can't beat the shape of Logitech's for my taste... Still rocking a G500, some of the newer models look pretty ugly IMO but still feel great.

Razer Deathadder and Logitech G710/Razer Blackwidow

I just imo dont like Razer keyboards because they use Kale switches instead of Cherry.Call me a fanboy but its so dumb imo that Razer uses cheaper switches.

Back