Windows 10 and Realtek

jacuzz1

Supreme [H]ardness
So I plan on doing a clean install however I thought that I would linger on the 8.1 to 10 upgrade for a bit. I had only two issues with the upgrade that I am aware of so far. The first was my GTX970 did not come up in dual screen mode even though I had installed the win10 driver in advance. That issue was easily resolved by removing the video card via device manager and rebooting. Bingo all is well there. The second was that my Realtek audio from my Z87 sabortooth was not functioning. I was able to switch over to audio via Display port and the GTX however my Logitek 5.1 were left to languish until I executed the same device manager trick with the Realtek.

A strange thing though is that I have to set it to 7.1 to get my rear speaker check box to come up. To clarify, when set in 5.1 mode , I can only get 2.1 and it is only until I set it to 7.1 do I get 5.1.

Did anyone else experience this?

I have had some funkiness with my audio drivers (Realtek) on my Surface Pro 3 that I upgraded to Win 10. I actually had to roll back the driver to an earlier version to get it working.

well since I do not have 7.1 for speakers, I guess its cool as long as my 5.1 setup works.

Back