Uber Is Recruiting Old People As Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
When this organization says it "helps people rediscover what truly matters," apparently that means becoming an Uber driver. ;)

We are excited to announce a collaboration with Life Reimagined, a wholly owned non-profit subsidiary of AARP, to offer millions of members the opportunity to earn income as a driver-partner with Uber in a way that is flexible, convenient, and highly adaptable to their lifestyle.

Ah, exploiting a vulnerable part of our society for profit, a time honored tradition.
Good job Uber :cool:

Please. Nobody is forcing them. Also, Uber is a great part time job for a lot of people. Set your own hours, etc....

I got a ride from an older person while in Seattle. He was super nice but educated me in the importance of ratings. He carried around a bowl of candy to bribe people for better ratings. True story. I told him I don't really eat candy, but I also don't give low ratings unless you do something to piss me off. I'm pretty reasonable and don't hold people to errors. I hold them to behavior and how they resolve errors.

Old people don't need jobs. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use.

500px-GreyDawn01.jpg

Hopefully not too hold, I'm pretty sure they don't need a story about an 89 year old Uber driver ploughing through a school zone crossing.

Don't want more old people who can't see or drive well on the road.

I don't want to be driving when I'm old either. I've got my fingers crossed for fully legalized robocars to drive me around before then. The tech will be here at an affordable level soon, it's just a matter of making sure laws get changed.

when calling an uber, does the app let you weed out drivers by age?

cuz no way I'm getting into some old guy's car if i ever did use uber

Ah, exploiting a vulnerable part of our society for profit, a time honored tradition.
Good job Uber :cool:

So I'm a senior, and can't have a job after I retire?
vulnerable? Do some research and you will find out
our age group is the most active ever.

You will be old someday and think differently.

We don't need more old people on the road impeding traffic.

We don't need kids driving out of control, eating, on cell
phones, joy riding and high on something either.
Stats prove that young drivers cause the most accidents.

Young people ages 15-24 represent only 14% of the U.S. population. However, they account for 30% ($19 billion) of the total costs of motor vehicle injuries among males and 28% ($7 billion) of the total costs of motor vehicle injuries among females

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/teen_drivers/teendrivers_factsheet.html

The next social issue that needs to be addressed is senior
discrimination. Here is a good example.

Age does not equate skills or awareness on the road. If we could move past grouping people into something to apply to the entire group and just focus on each individual, many of our problems would solve themselves.

How many of you do or know someone who does this; only wears glasses to pass the vision test at the license bureau? Being able to see seems like a critical thing that we take the most lightly about driving. I think uber is a great idea, there will be less total people on the road. I love living out where i feel like an event is happening when i see 4 cars in a half hour lol. :D

Q: What is the leading cause of death in the 16-25 year-old age group?

Q: At what age do auto insurance rates fall precipitously, and why?

(If you don't know the answer to the above questions you probably think "old people" shouldn't be driving...;))

Old people don't need jobs. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use.

All ten year old punks think this way I'm sure.
Respect ain't what it used to be.

We don't need kids driving out of control, eating, on cell
phones, joy riding and high on something either.
Stats prove that young drivers cause the most accidents.

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/teen_drivers/teendrivers_factsheet.html

The next social issue that needs to be addressed is senior
discrimination. Here is a good example.
15-24? So drivers starting with zero experience are involved in more accidents than all other drivers. That's the nature of learning...You make (or observe) mistakes to gain experience so you can avoid similar mistakes in the future.

You forgot to provide any sort of stats for older drivers though, here's some stats for accidents at all ages:

Thanks for the graph. If you didn't include it I was going to find one. Interesting bump at 45-49. Is that when people start to get shitty vision, but have yet to learn to compensate? The curve up at the end of course is your whole body going to shit on you.

Thanks for the graph. If you didn't include it I was going to find one. Interesting bump at 45-49. Is that when people start to get shitty vision, but have yet to learn to compensate? The curve up at the end of course is your whole body going to shit on you.

I kind of figured that was the midlife crisis bump when guys go buy the sports car they really wanted at 16.

Back