Windows 10 Available In 190 Countries As A Free Upgrade

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. announced that Windows 10 will become available Wednesday as a free upgrade1 or with new PCs and tablets. Windows 10 includes innovations such as Cortana,2 an Xbox app and Microsoft Edge for a familiar, yet more personal and productive, experience. The most secure Windows ever, Windows 10 is delivered as a service and kept automatically up-to-date with innovations and security updates. Windows 10 offers one experience that will become available on the broadest range of devices, including PCs, tablets, phones, Raspberry Pi, Xbox One, HoloLens and more — with more than 2,000 devices or configurations already in testing. The new Windows Store and Windows Software Development Kit also become available Wednesday, opening the door to new and innovative app experiences on Windows 10.

Tried the upgrade on my laptop first it failed WIN 10 inst going now where near my main rig for at least 6 months

Did the upgrade on my Primary Gaming Desktop. The only problem I see so far is the Windows Server 2012 Essentials connector isn't running. But, that was expected. I will install the work around later this week so I can get my backups going again.

I had to manually install the Logitech software for my mouse and keyboard. I had to reconfigure my video settings back to SLI and reconfigure the gforce experience software. A few other minor tweaks. All my software seems to function fine. Various games (Steam, EQ2, several other games) Office 2013, Photoshop and other apps all run fine for me.

No luck here on the desktop or laptop "we're working with our partners" message
Neither will update even trying to force it with the command prompt

So far a fail this end

Five systems in my house and the little Win10 system tray icon tells me it will notify me when ready. Ah well, guess I won't be bitten by early bugs by jumping on board first day.

Five systems in my house and the little Win10 system tray icon tells me it will notify me when ready. Ah well, guess I won't be bitten by early bugs by jumping on board first day.

3 computers that I have sacrificed to be upgraded and none of them are showing available. I have the entire process very obtuse from Microsoft. Lots of flash and pizazz about how great it's going to be, but actually getting Windows 10....almost zero information.

Back