QNAP TS-451 $389 @ FRYS

antok86

[H]F Junkie
i think this is the cheapest ive seen for a TS-451 QNAP $389
even better deal if you can pick up in store

http://frys.com/product/8326247?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

8326247.01.prod.jpg

it is a great device, i would avoid 4.2 of the OS until they fix up the resource monitoring

Would you say this is better than a Synology DS414-Slim? I love the Synology interface, but have no experience with Qnap.

As an employee of fry's. We rarely have these go on sale. but within the last couple of months. I've seen the two bay go for 219, the 4 bay for 350, and the 8 bay for 600. I picked up the 8 bay =P...MONSTA POWAAA

Not familiar with the synology interface. But it was a pretty straightforward setup. The speed on these things are insane. I get around 110mb r/w. Blazing fast...

Would you say this is better than a Synology DS414-Slim? I love the Synology interface, but have no experience with Qnap.

QNAP and Synology software is not even in the same league, the latter being leaps and bounds better than the former.

I own 8 bay versions of both and have managed a dozen+ QNAPs. If I was in the market for another NAS, I wouldn't even consider a QNAP, though for all intents and purposes, they work fine.

QNAP and Synology software is not even in the same league, the latter being leaps and bounds better than the former.

I own 8 bay versions of both and have managed a dozen+ QNAPs. If I was in the market for another NAS, I wouldn't even consider a QNAP, though for all intents and purposes, they work fine.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I figured. Synology DSM is pretty damn sweet with all it does as well as being easy to set up.

I wanted the 8 bay version but couldnt pass up on this since this was my 2nd choice. I have no experience with synology but have a 2 bay qnap and its pretty easy

If you are looking for a flexiable NAS and can find it cheap, the HP Microservers are great little machines. I have mine fitted with 5 1TB drives(4 in the hot swap bays and 1 in the ODM slot with an adapter. Comes with single 1GB NIC and USB 2.0 but it has 2 PCI-E slots open.

i have 5 qnap NASs deployed they are phenomenal pieces of equipment. all various models. rock solid.

i have 5 qnap NASs deployed they are phenomenal pieces of equipment. all various models. rock solid.

No trouble with the power supplies, huh? I read that QNAPs had a tendency to blow them.

I had a TS-439 Pro for a while. It was solid and extremely feature rich, but I sold it because I didn't like the interface nearly as well as my Synology boxes, and I'd never use all of the ultra techy features of the QNAP anyway. My Synologies do everything I need them to do, although one nice feature of the QNAP was that the drives were hot-swappable. Of course, this may have changed with the newer Synology units (mine are the DS410 and DS410j).

the qnaps make it easy for AD integration and very granular control over shares and files. i haven't had any issues with any of mine and they JUST WORK. i do not have too much experience with synology boxes but i love the qnap web interface. and if you slap an SSD in them for cache, they can be extremely fast.

Back