Microsoft 10 July 29th Special?

EzeroMobile50K

Limp Gawd
What exactly are they doing? I've gotten several emails about a special event going on today for people who go to Microsoft stores. I am an insider on several machines, but the nearest store is about an hour away. I don't think I can make that. Is there anything else I can take advantage of, or a way someone closer could take advantage of my deal for me? or w/e...

Hello Windows Insider,

We have begun rolling out the public release of Windows 10 to the world, starting with our valued Windows Insiders. This is a hugely significant milestone for Windows and, thanks to feedback from Insiders like you, we're proud to say that this will be our best Windows release ever! Check out Terry's blog for details on this public release.

Starting on July 29, Microsoft stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada will host a series of Windows 10 activities and events – and we invite you to join us. We’re giving away free T-shirts to the first 50 Insiders. All Insiders who drop by will qualify for our Windows Insider Exclusive Microsoft store offer, valid July 29-August 2. For details, including the store nearest you, go to the Windows Insider Hub. (See below if you need to install Insider Hub.)

We invite you to get the final release of Windows 10 on other PCs you may own. Also, let your friends and family know how they too can experience the exciting benefits of Windows 10. Here’s how:
 For PCs running Genuine Windows 7/8 – these machines qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 10 through Windows Update. (You can also do a media-based upgrade though the Microsoft Software Download site.)
 For PCs not running Genuine Windows 7/8/10 – you can purchase Windows 10 at your local retailer or at online retailers like Microsoft Store.com.

The Windows Insider Program will continue after 7/29, and we'll have more information for you soon about how the program will work going forward. I hope you’ll continue to join us on this exciting journey.

Pssht, you guys are being dicks. OP is just trying to help us out in getting those sick launch day t-shirts. You'd be surprised how much they appreciate in value. Basically an investment.

Capture_zpspbtpskew.png

Actually I was hoping that they were giving Windows Insider members who drove all the way to one of their stores for this event a free copy of Windows 10. Sounds fair to me. But still curious what they're actually giving, in addition to the t-shirts. They didn't say what it was.

Besides the first 50 getting a t-shirt... what is the deal everyone else is seeing? Mine shows 20% off PC hardware and accessories.

Isn't windows 10 free anyway? Why would they give a copy of it away for free if you can upgrade from what you have now for free?

Back