GeForce GTX 980 Ti Cards Compared

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Tech Report has rounded up a handful of GeForce GTX 980 Ti video cards and put them to the test. This comparison review features cards from the Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and more.

The GeForce GTX 980 Ti is arguably the best video card you can buy right now, by most standards. AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X has arrived and shown itself to be competitive but not quite dominant. In most games, the 980 Ti is faster. The custom GTX 980 Ti cards we've assembled all cost about 10 to 20 bucks more than the reference version, and they all aim to improve upon the vanilla card in multiple ways.

Yeah, fantastic article. You can get 15% higher performance than the Fury X at 4k even on a game where it performs exceptionally well (like Mordor), all for $20 more than the not-in-stock-anywhere Fury X. You don't even have to touch the clocks!

And two of the cards had competitive sound levels to the Fury X closed loop cooler.

EDIT: *only* three of four cards are in-stock at Newegg for MSRP. End of the word as we know it!

Sounds like a good deal :D

Last edited:
Maybe I misunderstand something but none of the tested cards could reach 1,400Mhz once overclocked.
This seems low to me.

Last edited:
Well time to add Tech Report to the list of biased sites against AMD! Lets see I think the tally is:

1. Hard|OCP - worst offender
2. Tech Report - how dare they.
3. Hexus - For showing the Zotac 980 Ti Amp dominating Fury X.
4. PCPer - Because they've had NVIDIA engineers on their podcasts therefore they're automatically shills.
5. KitGuru - Even AMD hates them.

The list is growing bigger and bigger by the day.

Well time to add Tech Report to the list of biased sites against AMD! Lets see I think the tally is:

4. PCPer - Because they've had NVIDIA engineers on their podcasts therefore they're automatically shills.

Inverse relationship to your junk?

And on topic, I switched from a 7990 to the MSI G6 980ti and am very pleased with how it performs and how it stays quiet. Runs very well in my FT-02 and might warrant a second if that Acer 34" hits 100Hz for real.

Yeah, fantastic article. You can get 15% higher performance than the Fury X at 4k even on a game where it performs exceptionally well (like Mordor), all for $20 more than the not-in-stock-anywhere Fury X. You don't even have to touch the clocks!

And two of the cards had competitive sound levels to the Fury X closed loop cooler.

Also, all four cards are in-stock at Newegg for MSRP!

Sounds like a good deal :D

The Asus Strix is OOS

Maybe I misunderstand something but none of the tested cards could reach 1,400Mhz once overclocked.
This seems low to me.
He did not check actual boost clocks in games and only looked at Kombuster which is stupid because it will throttle. All of those cards are WAY over 1400 when oced.

The fastest out of the box is the Zoltac 980Ti AMP! Extreme Edition not here
Have one and blows all these cards away for $699.00

Please label this NSFAMDFB. AMD fan boys with heart issues might not make it through this article.

"Waaa my favorite compnay isn't number one, thus they must be bias."

AMD's net worth is a fraction of Nvidia's. and Nvidia owns and dominates the GPU market for a reason - One company is better than the other. It's the same thing why Intel has never been worried about AMD since the days of the Core2Duo.

AMD ONLY exists because of Intel and Nvidia's fear of any monopoly complaints. Reminds of when Microsoft gave billions to Apple to keep them alive so they dont have to go through again what they went through in the 90's

Grow up, get over it, and admit that AMD failed to be competitive against Nvidia and Intel. AMD had their own chances to be better and grab market share from their competition and they failed.

I finally figured out the name and color scheme behind AMD's competition

"AMD gets 'Green' with NV about our products" - Nvidia

"AMD turns Blue and then goes White when they see our CPU benchmarks" - Intel

:D;)

Can you people go one thread without starting an AMD vs Nvidia shitfest?
It's always the same posters, every time.

This benchmark has nothing to do with AMD.

Can you people go one thread without starting an AMD vs Nvidia shitfest?
It's always the same posters, every time.

This benchmark has nothing to do with AMD.

Eh.. Probably the best benchmark chart I've seen that really shows how far behind Fury X is. Hard to not poke a little fun at AMD fanboys when they're all over the net with their delusional rants. I do agree somewhat though. A skylake thread on another forum I was following was taken over by Intel vs AMD APU dick contest for pages and pages, like anyone gives a shit about integrated graphics.

Blows them away based on what? Your misinterpretation of the speeds they listed?

This guy believes it
Insane Performance: I was expecting some great performance from the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition, but it instead blew us away, becoming the fastest video card we've ever tested.
The Best GTX 980 Ti So Far: ZOTAC has the best GeForce GTX 980 Ti card on the market with its GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition, with it easily beating out every other GTX 980 Ti we have here in the labs.
Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/72...xtreme-edition-video-card-review/index11.html

Back