Thomas and Friends Track Master Motorized Railway Essential Gift Pack: $23 at Target

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Head to your local target. Look in the clearance isle.

The same individual trains are $10.49 ea but the 5-pack is on sale for $23.

Edit: It's this set!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
$10 for a plastic train? Really?

Been to the toy department in a store lately? Shit ain't cheap, whether it's a plastic action figure or some hot wheel car or some silly game that simply is a deck of cards. The licensing of the IP also adds to the cost.

Yep, Thomas stuff is pretty pricey. If you have a younger son, more than likely you already know this. 5 trains for $20 is a great deal. Only thing to consider is if you buy the trackmaster sets, many of them come with either Thomas, Percy, or James. So really you'd be picking this up for Gordon and mostly Diesel. You'll find you'll end up having a bunch of each train, although they have slight paint variations.

Also, I believe this is the newer trains which have the gear notches in the wheels. I like this much better than the old set primarily because they run a LOT quieter than the old trains. But the tracks and trains aren't completely compatible between the two if you already have some of the old set.

I guess I need to check more Target's because I didn't find this on clearance. 10 dollars is a steal for this. My son goes nuts for this stuff.

Back