Former DHS Head Makes Case Against Back Doors

HardOCP News

[H] News
The quote of the day is brought to you by the former head of the Department of Homeland Security.

I think that it’s a mistake to require companies that are making hardware and software to build a duplicate key or a back door even if you hedge it with the notion that there’s going to be a court order. And I say that for a number of reasons and I’ve given it quite a bit of thought and I’m working with some companies in this area too.

Meh, talking parrot. Lets get these Former heads of (whatever) to make these types of statements when they're not FORMER heads, but the actual head.

Is he the former head who authorized the flawed cryptographic ciphers they released?

If so he's the biggest hypocrite in the world, well except Donald Trump of course.

Now if only we could have enough people realize that the DHS is also unnecessary. I wonder whatever happened to the handful of encrypted services that were badgered by the government until they shut down and whether or not this could result in a change of policy which might allow them to make a return.

Why do we care if he is against anal?.... wait what?.... oh that type of back door... yeah we don't need those.

Back