Google Removing Google+ Requirement For YouTube

HardOCP News

[H] News
Finally! It's about damn time Google did this. I think we can all agree that this was a bonehead idea from the start.

So in the coming months, a Google Account will be all you’ll need to share content, communicate with contacts, create a YouTube channel and more, all across Google. YouTube will be one of the first products to make this change, and you can learn more on their blog. As always, your underlying Google Account won’t be searchable or followable, unlike public Google+ profiles. And for people who already created Google+ profiles but don’t plan to use Google+ itself, we’ll offer better options for managing and removing those public profiles.

I didn't mind the one Google account deal. I just didn't like that it posted all my stuff to the crappy website.

Google+ is quickly becoming a place where people engage around their shared interests, with the content and people who inspire them.

Funny. I don't see Google+ quickly becoming anything but dead.

Google waited so long supposedly developing Google+ to be perfect, yet after all that time they make some of the stupidest social media industry decisions ever:

Release the product unfinished while another was still hugely popular, release it with API integration initially unavailable, and release it slowly with invites, so that people would join in small groups at a time, realize no one is there, then leave before the next group arrived.

ABout damn time, it really annoyed me when I lost my youtube account because I removed google+.

Now if they could just stop data mining everything on the planet, Google would be a slightly decent company.

Yeah... that whole "you have to make a Google+ account" crap was bogus. Not to mention it didn't even work correctly for me, and wouldn't let me use a real name. Just copied my YouTube account name, and also applied to it my email, until I changed some settings around. I remember going though all that crap setting it up, pain in the ass and pointless.

Only thing I used Google+ for was leaving comments. That doesn't even work now. Had to go back to Facebook for commenting. Only thing that sucks about Facebook commenting is you get a notification that someone responded to your comment, you tap on it then have to go through 2 thousand comments to find yours. Oh well. I do think Google+ will be around for a while, I'm sure there are people that use it even if we don't.

Back