The TSA's Instagram Account Contains Swords, Bazookas, and Batarangs

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If you guys have ever wondered what kind of stuff the TSA uncovers during security screenings, take a gander at their Instagram account, which is chock full of crazy things like anti-tank shells and batarangs.

i'm pretty sure all these things were found in various butts during cavity searches thus it remains necessary to grope everyone at the airport. :rolleyes:

So I was scrolling through the page, and every time I came across something that looked like an actual bomb or something "oh, TSA detected this training aid simulated blah blah blah" whoopdeedoo. The couple of instances they show of something like the guy with the C4(supposedly) in a tobacco can wasn't discovered via TSA freedom gropes, it was because it tripped an alarm.

https://instagram.com/p/4SW0BRF9x8/?taken-by=tsa

Leatherman & Swiss thanks TSA for boosting their business.

LOL I flew on at least 3 flights with a leatherman in my laptop bag before I noticed it at a hotel one night. Totally forgot it was in there. Went right through the scanner every time. I eventually threw it into my suitcase to be "safe", which the airline promptly lost.

Some of the stuff on this page is hilarious (all the "batarangs" and knives, nunchucks, etc). But loaded guns? How can you not remember you have a .357 in your carry on?

One of those pics was a FN 57 loaded with 30 rounds and one in the pipe. Seriously?

I have watched quite a few of those Airport Immigration shows that have people flying into the US/Canada and Australia.

The ignorance and arrogance of people knows no bounds.

The amount of food that is confiscated daily from inbound flights from China in the 'Nothing to Declare' channel, would feed several small towns. I don't get why people from China think that there is no food outside of their country, after all what have their family in San Francisco/Vancouver been eating all these years?

Some of the blades were kinda absurd to be confiscated. But the yeah the guns, how the heck can someone forget those in a carry on?

Back