Nintendo Is Working On Some Kind Of Emotion Sensor

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A Nintendo patent that was recently found alludes to some kind of experimental device that could potentially read your emotions. Wouldn't it be funny if a future Zelda game had a sword that had different powers depending on your mood? A lot of reports actually insist that it's going to be some kind of sleep monitor, but I am hoping there is more to it.

...the patent gives the impression of some sort of mobile device paired with a docking station. It looks roughly like a smartphone that plugs into a speaker terminal, but the description makes it sound like something far from a music player.

I'm old enough to have used mood rings as a child and I can tell you those things never worked right. Now get off my lawn you whippersnappers.

Nintendo should try to invent some kind of device that would allow someone to experience "joy" or "fun". They haven't made anything like that in years.

This sounds terrible and it won't work either, because every time I hit the Zelda stage where you need to be a different emotion than happy I won't be able to get it to read anything but annoyed.

Nintendo should try to invent some kind of device that would allow someone to experience "joy" or "fun". They haven't made anything like that in years.

They need to invent a way to make their games available on other platforms.
Could you imagine the boost the Xbox or PlayStation would get if one of them signed an exclusive deal for Nintendo's games?

Of how about some inexpensive phone games? Imaging how much money they could make on an inexpensive Pokémon game that ran on phones/tablets?

They need to invent a way to make their games available on other platforms.
Could you imagine the boost the Xbox or PlayStation would get if one of them signed an exclusive deal for Nintendo's games?

Of how about some inexpensive phone games? Imaging how much money they could make on an inexpensive Pokémon game that ran on phones/tablets?

And kill their DS system in the process? That'll never happen.

Came out 3 years ago, it's called the Wii U and it managed to break all of it's fans hearts..

Came out 3 years ago, it's called the Wii U and it managed to break all of it's fans hearts..
Well it must be broken, because Nintendo is still not sensing anything. They still haven't owned up to that mistake.

Back