Recommendation on buying a 30"+ monitor

Kon kun

n00b
Hello all, I am new here. I've recently built a new computer since my 5 years old
Computer and monitor is really aging out.
Now I am looking to buy a new monitor. The old one I am using is a 27" viewsonic.
I am looking to upgrade to something above 30". I am mostly using this comp to play games,
Watching videos and web.
Also where is the best place to buy one with good return policy?
I usually buy from newegg and they don't charge tax. But shipping + 15% restocking fee is quite a bit.

Buy a BenQ BL3201PH from Amazon (no re-stocking fee & free shipping) if you want a big monitor. Name brand 30" IPS suck compared to the 32" 4k options, yet are similarly priced or cost more, so forget about them. The quality 27" 1440p monitors are also vastly superior and cheaper than the 30" IPS options, so buy one if your PC is too slow (need dual 980 ti's or Fury X's to be 'future proofed') for 4k.

Best 4k AHVA/IPS/PLS
Best 27" 1440p AHVA/IPS/PLS

Last edited:
Ohh forgot to mention. I am using gtx 980 ti. So I think I can run most monitor.
Originally, I was looking forward to benq xr3501 but after the first real review here. I am not sure if I should. Basically looking for something good for gaming, videos and web. Let me look into that benq u mentioned. Thanks

What resolution do you want? High res monitors are great for movie watching and games but can be problematic reading text on websites. Small print due to high resolutions. So keep that in mind when buying a monitor especially the high resolution ones.

For movies you might wanna look to MVA panels (no IPS glow and amazing contrast). But if you play a lot of FPS or any twitchy games, you might encounter issues with response time and input lag.

And sadly, in 30-34" there only is 1440p screens on the market. No 4k yet bellow 40". The Philips BDM3270qp and the Benq BL3200pt are pretty well received if you ever decide to look that way.

I would love to get 3440x1440. But basically have no knowledge about monitor since I haven't been paying attention to monitor for years.

For movies you might wanna look to MVA panels (no IPS glow and amazing contrast). But if you play a lot of FPS or any twitchy games, you might encounter issues with response time and input lag.

And sadly, in 30-34" there only is 1440p screens on the market. No 4k yet bellow 40". The Philips BDM3270qp and the Benq BL3200pt are pretty well received if you ever decide to look that way.

I mostly play some cs go, dying light and gta v now. Was thinking about Samsung 34e790 , lg uc87 and benq xr 3501. But no idea what to choose.

For gamers I think ASUS was the first to announce a g-sync version if you're interested :

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/33.htm#asus_34_curved

If you wanna go 4k as suggested by NCX, be aware that for native gaming at that resolution you will need some serious GPU setup.

And if you're serious about FPS, you might prefer IPS, so be careful of the panel tech when choosing. Many if not most 30"+ panels that aren't 4k use an AUO AMVA panel at the moment (in 21:9 and 16:9)

For gamers I think ASUS was the first to announce a g-sync version if you're interested :

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/33.htm#asus_34_curved

If you wanna go 4k as suggested by NCX, be aware that for native gaming at that resolution you will need some serious GPU setup.

And if you're serious about FPS, you might prefer IPS, so be careful of the panel tech when choosing. Many if not most 30"+ panels that aren't 4k use an AUO AMVA panel at the moment (in 21:9 and 16:9)

i am not a serious fps player. Hmmm that asus monitor looks good.

What are the specs of your current 27 inch monitor? If it's 1080p 60Hz then I'd say get an upgrade in both resolution AND refresh rate rather than stay at 60Hz. Keep an eye out on the Acer XR341CKA, it's a 34 inch 21:9 3440x1440 IPS monitor with G-Sync and supposedly a 100Hz refresh rate. That will easily last you 5 more years if not longer. Asus is also going to release their own version of that monitor if you don't like Acer. These won't be out for a while though so if you'll have to wait on them.

Back