New Witcher 3 Patch Hurts Console Frame Rate

HardOCP News

[H] News
Even though the latest patch for The Witcher 3 hurts the frame rate on consoles, the good news is that there is a cure.....wait for it....wait for it....BUY THE PC VERSION! Problem solved. ;)

Digital Foundry says the gap between Xbox One and PS4 performance has narrowed as a result of the new patch, but the PS4 edition still struggles where the Xbox One version excels. "And in cutscenes, Sony's console produces the lower readings overall," the site says. Frame rate for The Witcher 3's PC version does not appear to be affected by the new update.

It's interesting to see a console port of a PC game hit with the same sort of problems you normally associate with PC ports of console games.

But framerate doesn't matter, guys. It's just a number. Motion clarity is achieved at 15 FPS. Graphics before framerate, amirite?

It affects the PC's framerate, too. We just have the ability to alleviate that a little by adjusting detail settings, overclocking, etc.
If you want to see the patch in action, go to the far eastern section of Vizima with the fields or the swamp areas.
Small price to pay for the improvements they made to movement and inventory, though.

It's interesting to see a console port of a PC game hit with the same sort of problems you normally associate with PC ports of console games.

With the relatively easy low level hardware access on consoles there is no reason why this pretty huge bug should've gotten released. No way something like this should get through QA for console release, this is just sloppy work by the developers.

With the relatively easy low level hardware access on consoles there is no reason why this pretty huge bug should've gotten released. No way something like this should get through QA for console release, this is just sloppy work by the developers.

No offense to you, but there is no excuse for the sloppy PC ports either.

No offense to you, but there is no excuse for the sloppy PC ports either.

Oh none taken. There shouldn't be a difference, but there is a double standard unfortunately. Being CPU hamstrung with DX11 (and under) for the PC versions also makes the problems worst, more dev resources get used for less sales. We'll see how well DX12 handles this transition.

this is how it should be...max the graphical fidelity on PC and downgrade the consoles...

Well at least their game is playable on all three platforms, and they are actively supporting it.

Well..that's the least they could do really! :rolleyes:

"Wow! Well done guys! We released a product we expect people to pay good money for that...kind of works! Be proud of yourselves!"

Well..that's the least they could do really! :rolleyes:

"Wow! Well done guys! We released a product we expect people to pay good money for that...kind of works! Be proud of yourselves!"

When compared to other companies, it's a lot. And this game is a big game. TES sort of big. And TES has had more issues, at least to me.

I have been enjoying this game since launch, and now with almost 100 hours in, im at the end. good to see them continuing to improve it and am looking forward to the expansions, which i have already bought

I'm waiting for them to release a patch to fix the ridiculously small font on the console versions. It's currently unplayable for me because of how small text is on the Xbox One.

(right now I'm more into console games as I can't afford a gaming PC).

CDPR needs to hire people who actually know how to program. How incompetent do you have to be to have a patch whose release notes say improves framerates on consoles actually make them worse.

Of course, that doesn't compare to the epic fail of releasing a debug compiled build (complete with debug symbols) on Steam.

didn't console babies complain that the PC master race shouldn't whine about the crappy batman PC port? they should just get over it. it just adds a cinematic feel to play at garbage frame rates.

I'm waiting for them to release a patch to fix the ridiculously small font on the console versions. It's currently unplayable for me because of how small text is on the Xbox One.

(right now I'm more into console games as I can't afford a gaming PC).
I thought they improved the console UI on consoles, particulary font size, in a previous patch? It was either 1.04 or 1.05.

It was a very slight change, but didn't really do much. They need to do something akin to the increased font option they patched into The Witcher 2 a while after it was released.

(and before someone says it, I'm far from the only one who's complained about the small text)

Back