PNY GTX 960 XLR8 Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club just published a review of the PNY GTX 960 XLR8. If you want a factory OC'd card with a custom cooling solution, this review is right up your alley.

The PNY name has been around for some time now as a purveyor of many different products, including NVIDIA-based graphics cards. Both reference and custom designs are in PNY's product stack, and today I will be looking at one of those custom designs for the mid-range market: the GTX 960 XLR8.

*Yawn*

Card is same price, same performance level and size as the Asus STRIX 960 that's been available since January.

And the power consumption is almost 30w higher than other 960 cards, indicating cheap VRMs, or they had to raise the voltage to hit that performance level. FAIL!

Last edited:
I had a GTX 470, they wouldn't honor their warranty citing the upc sticker had been removed, funny thing is it wasn't, they knew it, the glue holding it in place becomes loose and no longer sticks due to the high heat of the card. It's an easy cop-out so they don't have to honor their warranty, aside note is their tech support is ignorant, they don't get the products to test in their tech support and have no knowledge on how to support them properly, i.e. Nvidia surround, they didn't even know that you have to use all dvi / hdmi cables or all 15 pin vga only, you couldn't mix the two otherwise surround won't work. Truly a cap support, I went with EVGA after being burned by PNY and was vastly impressed and thoroughly satisfied with their knowledgeable tech support staff. A warning to anyone considering anything from PNY.

Back