XFX XTR 550W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
XFX XTR 550W Power Supply Review - XFX comes to us today with its new XTR series power supply weighing in at 550 watts. XFX is promoting "Super Efficiency and Quality Components," "Extreme Heat Tested Capacitors," and a "True Wattage Guarantee" that touts full power at above 50C operating temperatures. Sounds exactly like our kind of PSU!

So, while this unit may not stand out among comparable products when we look at performance alone, the XTR 550W doesn't fall behind the competition and it represents a better value which means a lot. Users looking for a good quality 550W power supply on somewhat of a budget should at the very least consider the XFX XTR 550W as you get 95% of the way to the top of heap for a bit lower entry cost and that is certainly worth considering.

Sold.
Seriously impressed with XFX. I'd much rather a company maintain solid products, even if they aren't exciting, at solid prices. This seems like one of those PSUs (and teh 750w version) that when they have a decent sale, are no-brainers.
Great review.

While they don't get a lot of hype, their units are generally some of the best around. Of course, Seasonic build most of those, so there is that.

Now this is what I like to see. A solid PSU for a practical budget gaming systems. Nice review too.

Wow...a supply that is modular, efficient, decent, and fairly price. Color me amused.

With such a low price, combined with very good build quality & performance makes this PSU a very "tempting" choice!! ;)
Nice review Paul :)

Back