Best Buy Sells $200 Gift Cards For $15, Cancels Orders

Derp....

Saw people claiming to have bought quantities of 1000+. Which is dumb because even a legit order of this value is going to need to be manually signed off and not automated due to it red flagging. Not to mention, I don't think they have that many sitting in stock waiting to be picked haha

Every last time I've seen this sort of thing from Best Buy, they've never honored this, not once, so this does not surprise Me, I think they do this as a PR stunt, well I'm not buying from Best Buy.

If it goes through count yourself lucky if not dishonest but don't bitch if they cancel it. If you run a business you'd do the same thing and cancel orders rather than going bankrupt.

If it goes through count yourself lucky if not dishonest but don't bitch if they cancel it. If you run a business you'd do the same thing and cancel orders rather than going bankrupt.

Agreed. The entitled think they can class-action this. That would never hold up because it is an obvious typo that they shouldn't follow through on.

At least Amazon.com honors their mistakes. Do I feel shame for winning? Nahhh :D

The Canadian website isn't much better, but even worse is the Sears Canada website which has errors like this almost every week.

I'm still waiting for my $129 GeForce 4 from Best Buy ordered back in 2002! lol

*GeForce 4 4600 i meant

I found the email:

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent graphics card order.
A recent systems error on our web site allowed you to
purchase the VisionTek GeForce4 Ti 4600 Graphics Card at $129.99. The actual
price for this item is $399.99. Due to the nature of this error, we will be
canceling your order for this item. We apologize for any disappointment
this cancellation may cause.
We would like to inform you that the error has been fixed,
and if you are still interested in ordering this product, please visit
http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeripherals/details.asp?e=11099619&m=488&cat
=521&scat=522
<http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeripherals/details.asp?e=11099619&m=488&ca
t=521&scat=522> to place your order again. This card is available as a
special pre-order. It will begin shipping on 3/4/2002.

Thank you for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to
contact us with any questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
The Customer Care Team

I admit I ordered a few, the amount charged is pending on my bank list. Doubt it would be honored but I figured what the hell, lol.

Every last time I've seen this sort of thing from Best Buy, they've never honored this, not once, so this does not surprise Me, I think they do this as a PR stunt, well I'm not buying from Best Buy.

I got an Xbox 360 Headset Kit with PGR4, the little Keyboard, and 12 Months of Live for $30 when they had a misprint on their website.
They had the pic of the above kit with the price and description of the $30 kit.
360-games.jpg

Those $20 Xbox Cards were from Target from some promo error they had there around the same time.

I also got COD MW2 for $30 when they had a misprint in their print ad.
codmw2.jpg

I actually got 2 of those 360 kits, went to another best buy with my paperwork and bought another one.

While this is obviously a pricing error, the question is why was there even a change in price of a GIFT CARD, I doubt they meant $15 off and were selling $200 for $185, because people would eat that up too.

If I ran a small business sure I would. But this is a multiple chain No11 retailer. Also if you own a small mom and pop store you probably don't have a website for placing orders.

While this is obviously a pricing error, the question is why was there even a change in price of a GIFT CARD, I doubt they meant $15 off and were selling $200 for $185, because people would eat that up too.

what? No they wouldn't. Costco has discounted gift cards all year long and it doesn't mean people lap them up.

So, making a huge mistake that will piss off a ton customers and further give a company a bad rap is a PR stunt? Wow, remind me never to hire you as a marketing consultant! -laugh-

So, making a huge mistake that will piss off a ton customers and further give a company a bad rap is a PR stunt? Wow, remind me never to hire you as a marketing consultant! -laugh-

No such thing as bad publicity, right? Just look at primeday lol.

Were you anyway? It's an obvious mistake, people need to stop acting like they're owed something.

Back