Real Life Mirror's Edge

So much fisheye! They blended all the CGI and live action cut scenes pretty good though. Of course the real life Mirror's Edge would last about two seconds, as someone would just take a moment to aim and not pull a GI Joe/Storm Trooper and miss all over the place, and after his first front flip through the air he'd just be on the ground twitching with a bunch of bullet holes in him. :p

So much fisheye!

I came here to say the same thing about the fisheye. I couldn't even make it through video without feeling sick. It feels like were living in the GoPro generation where everyone feels the need to film every POV shot with fisheye lenses.

I came here to say the same thing about the fisheye. I couldn't even make it through video without feeling sick. It feels like were living in the GoPro generation where everyone feels the need to film every POV shot with fisheye lenses.

I'm immune to fisheye. Sucks to be you.

I found that to be pretty amazing all the way around. Well done. Do you think they need permission to jump around the tops of all those buildings as well as filming as they run through malls and office buildings. Maybe they do it al after/before working hours. Still really cool, in my opinion, though.

I'm sure the fisheye was used here just to exaggerate the speed of the actor. He's clearly pretty talented but nobody can do what Mirror's Edge does. If they filmed it like normal it would look pretty slow and "safe" all things considered.

Also I seriously doubt they got permits to film in all the areas they shot, so walking across the glass roof and jumping through the mall were probably a couple of "ok by the time anybody see's us we'll be finished".

Back