Any 32" Display Comparable to iMac 27 IPS?

prne10

Limp Gawd
I am currently using my late 2010 iMac 27" display as my main display. I've been looking around for a 32" replacement, but I am worried that there are no 32" panels yet that would be good enough quality and with low enough lag to justify replacing my current display.

Are there any 32" @1440p worth considering, or are we not there yet?

You're running one of the 27" IPS panels already, only 'same family' option I can think of is the 30" IPS panels. 2560x1600 e.g. Dell U3011 - U3015, HP ZR30W and the rest. If you want less lag, what about the Predator? Either way, you're in the compromises boat..
Gamut, resolution, response, pick two unless you can afford 5 figures on a screen or want a CRT... I want all three too :(

^ I doubt someone used to a clear, standard gamut glass display wants a grainy matte 30" with over-saturated and inaccurate wide gamut colours, and far more IPS glow.

I am currently using my late 2010 iMac 27" display as my main display. I've been looking around for a 32" replacement, but I am worried that there are no 32" panels yet that would be good enough quality and with low enough lag to justify replacing my current display.

Are there any 32" @1440p worth considering, or are we not there yet?

The 2010 iMac uses a glossy panel with edge-to-edge glass placed over top which vastly increases the reflections and ruins the perceived black depth. All of the 32" monitors are matte, and the 32" 1440p monitors use VA panels, but there are glossy 42" like the Wasabi Mango UHD 420 and matte 32" 4k monitors like the BenQ BL3201PH and Qnix UHD 325 (more information and review links). Newer iMacs use higher quality glass called Plasma Deposition Coating which is vastly superior compared to regular edge-to-edge glass, and so do a few Korean monitors which can be purchased from Amazon, eBay and New Egg.

So from what I am hearing, IPS in 32" isn't quite there yet. Since I use my 27" for both movies and games, it sounds like I am better off staying with the 27" until something better arrives.

Anyone know of anything on the horizon?

Back