Lawmakers Want Internet Sites To Flag ‘Terrorist Activity’

HardOCP News

[H] News
So the lawmakers in our country are essentially leaving it up to Twitter, YouTube and Facebook to decide what is terrorist activity? I'm all for it as long as they flag that PewDiePie guy. :D

The measure, contained in the 2016 intelligence authorization, which still has to be voted on by the full Senate, is an effort to help intelligence and law enforcement officials detect threats from the Islamic State and other terrorist groups.

This is like telling on your neighbor if they are a closet communist.

I'm sure if someone at those companies saw (or even an average Joe) out in the open terrorist activity, pictures, etc., they'd let someone know. Hell, half my feed is from preppers, government sucks, leave us alone type of posts. The others are rainbows, sharks and flags...

This whole forum is fucked if that is the case, well a certain sub forum is I should say.

When the government spied on its own citizens, claiming they were looking for terrorists hiding among them, the people believed it. And when the government began tracking the citizenry’s movements, monitoring their spending, snooping on their social media, and surveying their habits supposedly in an effort to make their lives more efficient the people believed that, too...

I know that social media isn't particularly popular around here coupled with an intense distrust of government, but seriously, it takes like 3 seconds to find some of this stuff. I think common sense would dictate that something that's hash tagged kill Americans (yes that's a hashtag on Twitter) might warrant keeping on eye out for.

When the government spied on its own citizens, claiming they were looking for terrorists hiding among them, the people believed it. And when the government began tracking the citizenry’s movements, monitoring their spending, snooping on their social media, and surveying their habits supposedly in an effort to make their lives more efficient the people believed that, too...

Yeah! Who the fuck do they think they are? Google?

Sorry, I had to do it.

I know that social media isn't particularly popular around here coupled with an intense distrust of government, but seriously, it takes like 3 seconds to find some of this stuff. I think common sense would dictate that something that's hash tagged kill Americans (yes that's a hashtag on Twitter) might warrant keeping on eye out for.

What about "I'm so pissed at Obama. A revolution is coming soon, you'll see. Fuck the government. I'm prepping for a civil war!". I see a lot of that shit posted. It's not going to happen.

A lot of stuff already gets reported. No laws tell them to, they just do it because it's something that needs done.

Governments are really the terrorists. Look at all the people governments have killed with false flag attacks, prisons and wars. Citizens just want to eat, drink, play, have sex, create, have an overall good time.

Back