NVMe-any new drives on the horizon?

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
Are we going to see any this year besides samsung and intel?

I googled around a bit and I am not seeing much. A few have been reviewed or showed at various events but not much about dates on when they can be purchased.

I dumped my hopes on buying a 750 after i found intel cut the endurance rating in half. I am not going to buy a 1k card with a 127TB rating. I don't care if it will most likely last into the PBs I cant afford to be crossing my fingers after 1 or at best 2 years with 0 warranty. I am thinking of just continuing staying at 480GB and get a predator or get two and put them into RAID 0. It isn't future proofed with NVMe but the warranty is insane minus the 3 years part.

I don't understand why you're concerned about endurance then considering suicide RAID. The data clearly shows that endurance is much higher than the tariff and I'd venture that Intel's endurance adjustment is completely meaningless here.

I don't understand why you're concerned about endurance then considering suicide RAID. The data clearly shows that endurance is much higher than the tariff and I'd venture that Intel's endurance adjustment is completely meaningless here.

i am sure it is but dropping 1k on a product with a year or 2 warranty at best is insane.

Its too large of an investment on a single part with virtually no warranty. They might as well sell it with a 90 day warranty

Filling the drive once removes 1-5% of the warranty depending on write amplification. If you do a reinstall you lost 15 days/1% now counting write amps. Thats disgusting. That could turn into 5-10% for a single install. psh screw that

Filling the drive once removes 1-5% of the warranty depending on write amplification.
How does write amplification factor here? When Intel says "70GB/day," aren't they talking about host writes? If not, I think they'll lose the inevitable lawsuit.

That said, they are up to something funny. The 400GB & 1.2TB drives are both rated at "70GB/day." Very odd.

There should be tons of NVME/PCIe 3.0x4 SSDs coming soon. Reason is this these drives require new chip controllers and until now only Intel and Samsung had them from their in-house production used only for own products. Now all companies will get these controllers, either own manufactured by third party. Example is Phison controller. Already demos of the new SSDs were presented the question is how soon the products will show up online, it surely should be H2. Maybe after summer?

How does write amplification factor here? When Intel says "70GB/day," aren't they talking about host writes? If not, I think they'll lose the inevitable lawsuit.

That said, they are up to something funny. The 400GB & 1.2TB drives are both rated at "70GB/day." Very odd.

i assumed it was what TRIM/controller records which i thought included write amplification and not just the actual actual data.

I would love to know the answer to that though.

Back