Free Font Automatically Redacts NSA Surveillance Trigger Words

HardOCP News

[H] News
A free font that automatically redacts NSA surveillance trigger words? Why would anyone want that? It's not like I'm going to ______ a bank or _______ the president. ;)

Some might see downloading this free font called Seen as the digital equivalent of donning a tin foil hat. Except that we know that security agencies like the NSA are intercepting emails and other communications, scanning for specific trigger words that this font automatically crosses out.

You have been identified as a Democrat, and will not be audited by the IRS.

I get the blow the president one, but not the bailout a bank. That was drafted under a Republican president. It had people from both sides FOR the bailout.

I get the blow the president one, but not the bailout a bank. That was drafted under a Republican president. It had people from both sides FOR the bailout.

Yeah sometimes the willful ignorance here is alarming.

That's because both sides of congress are rich, so it was in every congress member's personal financial interest to save the financial institutions that held all their wealth. What was the alternative, allowing a market correction where businesses that issue trillions in fraudulent loans just go out of business?

Do you know what that would have done to our congress critters' retirement accounts?! They would've lost a moderate portion of their savings. Much better to transfer that loss of wealth to the general population.

So this tool "censors" your text as you type? And that is supposed to be a good idea? This has to be supplied by the NSA to do their work for them at the client end... [/sarcasm]

The obvious solution is the exact opposite. You flood all conversations with trigger words making those triggers worthless. I have much fun adding Kalashnikov and Semtex to my SMS messages to annoy people..

What was the alternative, allowing a market correction where businesses that issue trillions in fraudulent loans just go out of business?

Tons of financial institutions went under along with a lot construction business and other causalities. As you point out, many in congress are well off. A major collapse of the economy effects average people far more. I'm certainly one of the more liberal folks around here but if it's bad for a rich person's finances it's going to be worse for the average guy. Capitalism 101.

Tons of financial institutions went under along with a lot construction business and other causalities. As you point out, many in congress are well off. A major collapse of the economy effects average people far more. I'm certainly one of the more liberal folks around here but if it's bad for a rich person's finances it's going to be worse for the average guy. Capitalism 101.

I know, it might have become bad enough to disrupt the status quo and allow some real reforms to happen.

As it is, it was just really terrible for your average folks and the wealthy...well, the stock market is back to hitting all-time highs, no harm done. The lower-middle class folks that lost all their home equity or all their equity AND the home, I doubt they would agree with you that it could've been much worse.

The difference is that with real reforms to our crony capitalist economy things in an alternate 2015 might actually be looking up for those folks instead of looking at the same rigged system that evaporated all their accumulated wealth just a few years ago.

I know, it might have become bad enough to disrupt the status quo and allow some real reforms to happen.

As it is, it was just really terrible for your average folks and the wealthy...well, the stock market is back to hitting all-time highs, no harm done. The lower-middle class folks that lost all their home equity or all their equity AND the home, I doubt they would agree with you that it could've been much worse.

The difference is that with real reforms to our crony capitalist economy things in an alternate 2015 might actually be looking up for those folks instead of looking at the same rigged system that evaporated all their accumulated wealth just a few years ago.

No solution to large and complex problems is perfect. If one thinks it couldn't have been much, look at Greece. If the US were experiencing their rate of unemployment and economic contraction I doubt home equity would better off for most than under current circumstances.

Clearly the rising wealth gap is causing more division in this country and across the world over economics than usual. That is an issue that needs to be addressed far better than it is now. But it's more than just crony capitalism. It extends through out the global economy that's looking for quick returns, guarantees, cheap labor, resources and goods.

Free market capitalism is overall good but like any system it tends to eat itself alive when unchecked.

Back