K95 rgb vs k70 rgb size?

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
Deciding between these two. I have the k70 rgb red switch to try, but also have a k95 rgb brown switch on the way. Size wise, are the macro keys with it? Currently, the brown switch versions of both are the same price on amazon and the inly reason I'm even considering the k95 rgb. Any opinions/advice appreciated !

Depends. I'm mainly an FPS/RTS/ARTS gamer so no. If you play MMO's then I would suggest the macro keys of the K95.

I used to have the K95 RGB and played some MMO games with it. The G keys were great, they came in pretty handy for the most part when using macros.Now that I can barely find time playing MMOs, gave that one to my brother and got me a K70 RGB. Tbh, I like this one better for some reason. It feels more natural not to have the extra keys on the left side of the KB. Not that the G keys ever bothered me back then, but I think its more on I never really needed them to begin with.

I have the K95 RGB with Brown switches. I don't use the macro keys everand I didn't on my previous BlackWidow mechanical keyboard.

I got the K95 because it was the same price as the k75 so I decided why not. More fancy lights to light up.. even though I really only messed with the RGB feature for the first week or so and settled on a two color scheme... Great keyboard though!

I just sent back the K95. It was good simply for the price. The brown switches were great too, but the G-keys' placement meant that they were constantly getting in the way for me & felt uncomfortable. Anyway, I've decided to keep my k70 RGB with the red switches - cost me $165 out the door. The brown switch version seems to more expensive - around $183 with tax. I'll see if its cheaper on Amazon Prime day.

I've also noticed that there seem to be more community light profiles for the k70 vs the k95. Either way, I'm happy = )

I've also noticed that there seem to be more community light profiles for the k70 vs the k95. Either way, I'm happy = )

Glad to hear that you like it.

From a sales stand point, the K70 is more popular than the K95. I think its because the K70 has all the basic functionality you need for both gaming and work related task without having to deal with the G keys. It's more appealing for general use so to speak.

Have you looked into this? http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/rgbshare/profile-listing?type=k70#page=1&sortby=downloads. There are some cool profile there.

Glad to hear that you like it.

From a sales stand point, the K70 is more popular than the K95. I think its because the K70 has all the basic functionality you need for both gaming and work related task without having to deal with the G keys. It's more appealing for general use so to speak.

Have you looked into this? http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/rgbshare/profile-listing?type=k70#page=1&sortby=downloads. There are some cool profile there.

Yup , that's where I've got the profiles and some from the forums. Good stuff! maybe there can be some directly from Corsair themselves - like a staff contributed / official pick?

oh, is there any update as to when there will be .lua support in CUE? Thanks!

I love mx Brown switches. Can't stand reds, blues are too loud, and blacks too stiff. Browns are where it's at!

Did you find the browns a little louder than the reds or was that just me? definitely was a fan of the slight tactile feel though.

Not really, but I use those o-ring dampaners to keep things quieter. Reds were just too light to the touch for me.

Yup , that's where I've got the profiles and some from the forums. Good stuff! maybe there can be some directly from Corsair themselves - like a staff contributed / official pick?

oh, is there any update as to when there will be .lua support in CUE? Thanks!

Ah cool. I think we did try putting up our own (staff) profiles, but they are not as sophisticated like the ones created by our customers. So we ended up not sharing them because they look so generic next to those flashy profiles you see in that hall of fame lol.

I heard some talks about lua support, just don't know if it's going to happen. No official word at the moment.

Ok. Thanks. Just one more question. Is there any way for the profiles to be stored to keyboard memory (does it have any?) and run the animations without the cue software running in the background?

Back